Author Topic: Question on the IDF  (Read 1441 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Question on the IDF
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:05 AM »
I am almost done with my service in the Israeli Army I have been a in change of Kashurt (making sure the food on base in Kosher) I would be more than happy to answer your questions about the army.

David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Question on the IDF
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »
G-d bless you for defending the Jewish People.  What do you say to those on this board who think the IDF should be viewed as an enemy of the Jewish people?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
Very nice- I would like to ask you in all honesty do you believe that the time spent in the I.D.F. was productive for the Jewish cause?
 Do you choose to be where you want to be? For example does one choose to be in combat or one is only picked? 
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »
Were you with any other English speaking people or did you have to use Hebrew all the time? Were you treated differently because you are from the USA?

Great job!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
Does anyone know of your Kahanist affiliation?  If so, what do they think? Do they treat you better or worse for it?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »
Is the Tavor rifle the standard now?  Only in special forces?

Thank you for your service. 

Only Givati in the North, Golani which is a top unit and Paratroops which is the top unit
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:36:39 AM by דוד בן זאב אריה »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »
Did you promote JTF. And Kahanist ideals to your fellow comrades?

Were you in a mixed unit, or just an all secular unit, or just an all national religious unit?

How did you train to be a mashgiach?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
G-d bless you for defending the Jewish People.  What do you say to those on this board who think the IDF should be viewed as an enemy of the Jewish people?

The army as a whole is not the enemy of the Jewish people you have units like Kfier and Netzach Yehuda. Netzhach Yehuda is only Religious Men and Kfir is also in Judea and Samira they run patrols in places like Hevron, Jenin and Schem. There are many other examples. For example Goalni a top Fighting until didn't send any troops to to the Gush Kaif Evactuation becuase of the amount of Religous Soldigers they were afraid that they would refuse orders. They Real enemy of the Jewish People are the so called Border Police which do most of the evctions they are heartless and sometimes even bring in Arabs to knock down Jewish homes which is 100% heartless
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 12:49:05 AM »
Is the IDF not going the same way as the French Army after WW1?  I sincerely hope not!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »
Very nice- I would like to ask you in all honesty do you believe that the time spent in the I.D.F. was productive for the Jewish cause?
 Do you choose to be where you want to be? For example does one choose to be in combat or one is only picked?

In a small way I do feel that it was helpful but only because of what my job is. I feel that in a large part it was a waist of time. I got to choose my job. And many choose which fighting unitl they want to be in. But me I chose my job but not where I would be placed. I was fighting for over 2 months go get moved they have in the IDF what they call a Tofes 55. Without translating that I'll explain; it's a joke on the Burocracy in Israel they say it takes 55 trys to get out of unit.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:21:04 AM »
Were you with any other English speaking people or did you have to use Hebrew all the time? Were you treated differently because you are from the USA?

Great job!

For my first 2.5 months I was with a majority English speakers because I was on a speacial base for new immagrints. To be exacty there were people from 37 countryies after that I had one or 2 from time to time but B'H my Hebrew is good enought where I don't need English to get by in Israel. I never felt different because of where I come from I felt different because I have no family in Israel sometime for the better and other time I just felt alone. Israeli soldiers without Parents get double pay and many other beinifits
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 01:35:40 AM »
Does anyone know of your Kahanist affiliation?  If so, what do they think? Do they treat you better or worse for it?

Direct affilation no but I did meet Kahanists in the Army. A british guy in my unitl yelled Kahane Tzadak in front of our commander she did nothing and a French guy in the same unit drew a Kach Fist with Kahana Chai in english again my commander did nothing. Now if you start to talk about Yair Stern Slita or Baruch Goldstein of Holy Blessed and Saitly Memory may G-d Avenge his blood they that is a different story you just have to know when to be quiet. I've talk about going to Meron and Helping the Hilltop youth resist the eviction G-d forbid and possibly getting arrested for it.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:47 AM »
Did you promote JTF. And Kahanist ideals to your fellow comrades?

Were you in a mixed unit, or just an all secular unit, or just an all national religious unit?

How did you train to be a mashgiach?

I don't promote but I do talk from time to time many agree I don't talk about it to the leftist and the secular they don't want to hear it and G-d only knows who they will tell about me. I was in a secular unit but not out of choice. I asked to be in an all men religous unit but the short lengh of my serived prevented that. I did a 3 week course but to 100% honest most of the stuff taught in the course was sutff that I already learned. I did the test on the computer and got like 17%, and 25 percent. Then my commander took me aside a few days later and did the test 1 on 1 and he told me that I did the best in the course. I got 15/17 right the the others that I didn't get right were because I gave and answer that was too strict. He said that my knowlage was way behond what the others guys were. There was even a test that day after we did the 1 on 1 and I asked if I needed to do that he said no you alreaday got those question on the test here. Made me feel quite good about my self.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh