Author Topic: Megadeth frontman, Dave Mustaine endorses Santorum  (Read 1522 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Megadeth frontman, Dave Mustaine endorses Santorum
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »

I always liked Megadeath growing up, but assumed Mustaine was a leftist like everyone else in the industry.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/02/megadeth-frontman-backs-rick-santorum-114539.html

Dave Mustaine, leader of the heavy metal band Megadeth, is ready to rock out for Rick Santorum.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” Mustaine recently told MusicRadar.com.  “... You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

Weighing in on the rest of the field, Mustaine called Newt Gingrich an “angry little man” and said Ron Paul will “make total sense for a while, and then he'll say something so way out that it negates everything else.”

As for Mitt Romney, the rocker said, “I've got to tell you, I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney's five boys have a $100 million trust fund. Where does a guy make that much money? So there's some questions there.”

Still, Mustaine would pick any of the GOP candidates over President Barack Obama.

"I'm just hoping that whatever is in the White House next year is a Republican,” he said. “I can't bear to watch what's happened to our great country. Everybody's got their head in the sand. Everybody in the industry is like, 'Oh, Obama's doing such a great job. ...' I don't think so. Not from what I see.”

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Megadeth frontman, Dave Mustaine endorses Santorum
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
That's great man!

I actually love Megadeth!!!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
That is kind of surprising that any celebrity at all would say they were voting republican.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
Dave Mustaine halchicly is Jewish his mother is Jewish He himself is/was a J Witness and extremely pro Israel   

http://www.israellycool.com/2012/02/15/quote-of-the-day-248/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
Not surprising a J's Witness would be in a death metal band considering how many people that cult murders by not allowing blood tranfusions.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
That is kind of surprising that any celebrity at all would say they were voting republican.

The kind of celebrity musicians that don't usually support Republicans and usually support Democrats are pop stars like Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »
Look at Ted Nugent!?! That guy seems like the most unlikely conservative. But knowing his pro-gun, pro-hunting position it makes sense...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »
His name reminds me of mustard stain.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:15 AM »
Not surprising a J's Witness would be in a death metal band considering how many people that cult murders by not allowing blood tranfusions.

Megadeath isnt a death metal band.   Dave just used that name, because it was the name of a type of nuclear bomb, and it sounded cool.

I wasnt aware he was a J's Witness.  I knew a few JW's and they were very nice, but the lifestyle they decided to live was very strange.  No celebrating birthdays, or any days for that matter.  It just seems like a sad way to live life.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 07:53:57 AM »

Megadeath isnt a death metal band.   Dave just used that name, because it was the name of a type of nuclear bomb, and it sounded cool.

I wasnt aware he was a J's Witness.  I knew a few JW's and they were very nice, but the lifestyle they decided to live was very strange.  No celebrating birthdays, or any days for that matter.  It just seems like a sad way to live life.

I've heard of that before. Having no special days whatsoever and no celebrations seems really stupid. Life in general is neutral or bad most of the time, at least celebrating now and then helps that a bit.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:37 PM »
Thrash ftw