Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 351 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:25:29 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Team of homeschooled kids wins Tennessee state science competition
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I believe it is the responsibility of all able-bodied righteous Jews and gentiles to remove their children from the cesspool of public education. I cannot believe the 'quality' of the students who have been educated by this public education system is so bad. Where I work we cannot find qualified Americans to fill the positions of Software Engineers so we have to resort to importing them via H1-B visas in order to get candidates who have the skills needed to develop high-technology products. If only America spent the time and money to improve our education instead of dumbing our students down to third world status.

Several Orthodox Jews I know have had their kids Homeschooled and they are righteous and bright young kids.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Team of homeschooled kids wins Tennessee state science competition
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »
Home schooling is great. I was in home school from 8th grade through high school and I feel like it helped prepare me for college.

I think it's more important for the younger children to stay out of the propaganda machine though. In some ways it's helpful to have gone through college in a liberal setting because it makes me understand what so-called "educated" people are supposed to believe/know even if I reject their worldview. With that in hand I can debate them better.