Author Topic: English subtitles for our video on how to quit smoking  (Read 607 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
English subtitles for our video on how to quit smoking
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
בס''ד

Thanks to the great Dan Ben Noah, we now have English subtitles for this important video. Just click on the "CC" button at the bottom of the video for the subtitles.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: English subtitles for our video on how to quit smoking
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »
Great work Dan .Chaim how did you're father smoke 60 to 80 cigarettes a day.Thats  a tremendous amount
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
Great work Dan .Chaim how did you're father smoke 60 to 80 cigarettes a day.Thats  a tremendous amount

בס''ד

My father was a chain smoker. When I was growing up in the 1960s, there were many chain smokers. Chain smokers light up cigarette after cigarette. Thankfully, one day my father decided to quit completely and he did. He never touched another cigarette for over 30 years.

My grandmother also smoked for many years. She would smoke about 10 to 15 cigarettes a day. She started coughing a lot. So she decided to quit and she never touched another cigarette for many years.

It's very hard to quit but it is doable.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
בס''ד

My father was a chain smoker. When I was growing up in the 1960s, there were many chain smokers. Chain smokers light up cigarette after cigarette. Thankfully, one day my father decided to quit completely and he did. He never touched another cigarette for over 30 years.

My grandmother also smoked for many years. She would smoke about 10 to 15 cigarettes a day. She started coughing a lot. So she decided to quit and she never touched another cigarette for many years.

It's very hard to quit but it is doable.

I made a mental note the other day concerning smoking. I have been watching several old TV shows from the 60s & 70s including Get SMART and Mission Impossible and it is evident that in the 60s and 70s that everyone Smoked Cigarettes.

My grandparents, especially my grandmother, was also a chain smoker. It was pretty commonplace only 40 years ago..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
One of the things that made me never want to even try smoking was seeing my grandmother struggling to breathe with emphysema and yet still so strongly addicted to cigarettes that she felt forced to keep smoking marlboros. Another thing that was astonishing was  how older people who are on oxygen are so addicted that they will risk a fire or explosion around an oxygen tank to keep smoking. 

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
Great video. Smoking really is disgusting and unhealthy.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
Where is it forbidden to smoke? (honest question)

Also, tobacco without chemicals and sucrose you can't smoke 80 .8's in a day, and does not cause cancer. I posted on this topic before. Addiction is servitude to a truly demonic master, but everything has a purpose; tobacco was once (mostly incorrectly, I know) used as a medicine for virtually everything in Europe.

If Hitler was the one to start non-smoking areas, something's up with this battle against tobacco. If you think I'm wrong, take two (one preferably muslim) test subjects, let one smoke the chemicals and additives, and the other the tobacco, and you'll see what causes what.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
In my opinion breathing anything except clean air is probably bad for your health. We can't avoid a lot of environmental pollution but deliberately breathing in smoke is asking for trouble.