Author Topic: The Final Redemption  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
The Final Redemption
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Great shiur I wanted to share.
 Click on
"The Final Redemption"

http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Guy_Dvir/
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The Final Redemption
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
Great shiur I wanted to share.
 Click on
"The Final Redemption"

http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Guy_Dvir/

I will listen to this when I get home tonight. Sounds interesting though I have never heard or Rabbi Dvir...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
I will listen to this when I get home tonight. Sounds interesting though I have never heard or Rabbi Dvir...

Yea, he talks about physically going to Israel and taking part in the redemption that way. Also the reason for anti-semitrism and other things. Usually with titles like that I thought it wouldn't be a good shiur, I was wrong. It was good and down to earth.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
Yea, he talks about physically going to Israel and taking part in the redemption that way. Also the reason for anti-semitrism and other things. Usually with titles like that I thought it wouldn't be a good shiur, I was wrong. It was good and down to earth.

Im listening to this now... So far it sounds good to me...

We must get Jews to want to, and make plans, and actually to move to Israel.

I believe I will be going to Tzfat when I am able to.

The Rabbi just spoke about the 'elimination of all evil from the world' and I have to ask myself if I could imagine waking up one day and seeing the desire for evil just gone. This is how I understand the Messianic age, that even the desire for evil will be dispersed.

I like his presentation... It definitely moves me to vow again to make the move..
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:28:49 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:01:05 AM »
The Rabbi discusses the prophecy that near the time of Moshiach the young will bring their elders back to Hashem.

This is what has happened in my life. After my Teshuva, almost 10 years ago, my father eventually became more faithful just before he died in 2010. Although I have not had the same exact success with my mother I do believe that she tries harder to keep the commandments and tells me every time she does. My mother has issues of belief but I can sympathize with her considering what happened to my brother.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
Tag,

I am mystified as to why you posted this video.... Did you watch the whole thing? This Rabbi clearly offers quotes from the Zohar and Kabbalistic reasons that Jews should return to Israel. I would have thought you would not have suggested this video here....

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
Tag,

I am mystified as to why you posted this video.... Did you watch the whole thing? This Rabbi clearly offers quotes from the Zohar and Kabbalistic reasons that Jews should return to Israel. I would have thought you would not have suggested this video here....

Soo what? The message is good. I never said that anyone cant ever mention the Zohar. I don't believe you are reading my posts correctly. I said and say that the culture and many thing from such works bring and brought damage upon Jewish society.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »

Soo what? The message is good. I never said that anyone cant ever mention the Zohar. I don't believe you are reading my posts correctly. I said and say that the culture and many thing from such works bring and brought damage upon Jewish society.

And I believe the exact opposite. I believe that the Chassidic Thought has kept Jews Jewish and keeping mitzvot. More Ba'al Teshuvas return to Chassidut than to other strains of Judaism {or so I have heard}.

PS: Im sorry for lumping you together with Dan who has openly called for Zohar burnings..