Author Topic: Rebuke against the Jewish people  (Read 668 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Rebuke against the Jewish people
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:44:04 AM »
It is no coincidence we have a 'secularnationalist' who showed up in our forum today and the Parasha for this week is Bechukotai.

In this Parasha we learn Hashems plan for the Jewish people. If we keep the commandments which he has set before us in the form of the Torah then we can live in the land, the land with produce its sustenance, and our enemies will be neutralized by our defenses with the help of the hand of the Almighty.

BUT..... If we do not keep the commandments, we are forgetful of the Sabbaths and Shemittah cycle {Rest for the land}, and we become haughty believing that because of our own strength we have achieved what we have, then Hashem will turn his back on us and the land will expel the Jewish people like vomit.

History has demonstrated that Hashems promise is true, and it stands to this very day. Hashem, in his abundant mercy, has given the Jewish nation another chance at this magnificent prize. After chastising the nation during the Holocaust he caused various forces to arise which would establish the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland. While it is true that the bulk of the zionists at that time were non-religious, and some would say even anti-religious, the fact that the nations allowed such a state speaks volumes about the great miracle which we witnessed. Regardless of who started the zionist movement, the fact that the Jewish people lived in the land continuously for the 2000 years of exile and the religious have always made aliyah to the land, indicates that the 'ingathering of the exiles' has begun. This ingathering was foretold by the prophets of the Tanakh, and we witness their fulfillment today...

Here is Rabbi Richman explaining this Parasha and its Rebuke of a Jewish nation which has turned away from our father, our king the Almighty L-rd of Hosts.

http://ohr.edu/2606

Bechukotai

The Torah promises prosperity for the Jewish People if they follow G-d's commandments. However, if they fail to live up to the responsibility of being the Chosen People, then chilling punishments will result. The Torah details the harsh historical process that will fall upon them when Divine protection is removed. These punishments, whose purpose is to bring the Jewish People to repent, will be in seven stages, each more severe than the last. Sefer Vayikra, the book of Leviticus, concludes with the details of erachin – the process by which someone vows to give the Beit Hamikdash the equivalent monetary value of a person, an animal or property.

http://rabbibuchwald.njop.org/2005/05/23/bechukotai-5765-2005/

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rebuke against the Jewish people
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »
Rabbi Shafier gives a pearl of wisdom concerning this incredible Parasha...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 01:11:41 AM »
Here is a musical presentation of the Parasha ideas

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »
More on the blessings and the curses of Bechukotai... More specifically the reason the Jewish people need to live in the Land of Israel.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:25:21 AM »
I am watching the musical one first. Very impressive.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:37 AM »
I am watching the musical one first. Very impressive.

I am glad you find these videos informative :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:29 AM »
Here is what the Torah says concerning our might when we follow his command versus what will happen when we, Heaven Forbid, disobey his commandments...

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahreading.asp?AID=15585&p=complete

Leviticus Chapter 6

6. And I will grant peace in the Land, and you will lie down with no one to frighten [you]; I will remove wild beasts from the Land, and no army will pass through your land;
7. You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you;
8. Five of you will pursue a hundred, and a hundred of you will pursue ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.
9. I will turn towards you, and I will make you fruitful and increase you, and I will set up My covenant with you.

Curses:
23. And if, through these, you will still not be chastised [to return] to Me, and if you [continue to] treat Me happenstance,
24. Then I too, will treat you as happenstance. I will again add seven punishments for your sins:
25. I will bring upon you an army that avenges the avenging of a covenant, and you will gather into your cities. I will incite the plague in your midst, and you will be delivered into the enemy's hands,
26. when I break for you the staff of bread, and ten women will bake your bread in one oven, and they will bring back your bread by weight, and you will eat, yet not be satisfied.

36. And those of you who survive I will bring fear in their hearts in the lands of their enemies, and the sound of a rustling leaf will pursue them; they will flee as one flees the sword, and they will fall, but there will be no pursuer.
37. Each man will stumble over his brother, [fleeing] as if from the sword, but without a pursuer. You will not be able to stand up against your enemies.
38. You will become lost among the nations, and the land of your enemies will consume you.

But Hashem will never completely destroy us, as it is written...

44. But despite all this, while they are in the land of their enemies, I will not despise them nor will I reject them to annihilate them, thereby breaking My covenant that is with them, for I am the Lord their G-d.
45. I will remember for them the covenant [made with] the ancestors, whom I took out from the land of Egypt before the eyes of the nations, to be a G-d to them. I am the Lord.   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »
And here is Rabbi Richman discussing the Parasha from last year...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 06:57:34 AM »
This is all true
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03