Author Topic: Glock Knife Review  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
  • Soldier of Zion, Resistance to Islamization
    • Jewish Defence League UK
Glock Knife Review
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
I just bought two of the Glock Manufactured Knives, one Black and One OD Green.

Both the knife and sheath are top notch quality. Very light weight and comfortable to carry. The sheath is waterproof and has a drain hole to prevent rust and also has a very secure latching mechanism allowing the knife to be carried in many different positions on the belt, as a neck knife, or attatched to a pack or day pack.

Very usefull as a general camp or utility knife, will also handle light prying,digging, and batoning should the need arise in a survival situation. I own many fixed blades that cost 6 times the price of the glock and this knife can compete with about anything out there! Watch the destruction test on you tube videos, they actually drive this knife through concrete with a 3 pound hammer ! I cannot say enough about this knife. The only negative comment I have is that the out of box edge is not that great, it is a very thick bladed knife in comparison to the width. If you can reprofile the edge and work it thinner on the cutting edge it can and will take and hold a razor edge. So if you are in the market for a high quality fixed blade for little money this one is it!

Glock states that the steel is spring steel, It is very much the same quality as the Ka Bar 1095 cro van. Very tough and takes a beating well , Leave your benchmade,Sog, Falkniven, or high end custom at home when you're camping or just knocking around. Keep it oiled when not in use and it will probably outlast you. I owned the origional model 78 and the new one is of the same quality, the model 81 is also good if you like the root saw on the back which is the only difference as far as I can tell. Though I would not reccomend it as a tactical blade it is easy to deploy and could be used as such in an emergency. This blade shows that much thought and engineering went into the construction, Buy it, expect to sharpen it yourself,that's a given and enjoy it.

You won't find anything better in this price range. The only other cheap blade worth having besides this one is the Mora of Sweden series such as the 840 clipper or 911.

I also had to drill a larger hole into the handle of the knife when it arrived to feed a lanyard through the handle.

:israel:
" The men whom the European Public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars. The men whom the European Public detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth "

Jewish Defence League UK:
www.jdl-uk.org

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Glock Knife Review
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
It looks like a bayonet.

Do they make titanium alloy blades ?

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
It can be used as a Bayonet if the situation arises. See, It is not a full tang in the Knife, the Blade does not go far into the handle because there is a steel pipe in the rest of the handle, If you remove the pomel you will find it is hollow inside and it can be used as a Bayonet on the Steyr AUG also manufactured by Glock.

As for Titanium Alloy blades, I do not think they have manufactured any so far, But I am not 100% sure, I will have to check it out.
" The men whom the European Public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars. The men whom the European Public detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth "

www.jdl-uk.org

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
 You are correct, Mora does make excellent quality knives at a cheap price.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »
how much
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
You can get a good Mora knife for 20 or 30 dollars.

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
A Glock Knife can be bought on Ebay for $20, The average is around $30 - $40

www.jdl-uk.org

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
Wow thats a great price i will buy one or 2
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
Yes, for the quality and reliability of the knife it is a great price, I would even say I prefer the Glock knife to the Gerber knives.

:israel:

www.jdl-uk.org