Author Topic: To Whom Qabala May Concern — The Authenticity of the Zohar –Update 02  (Read 17109 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What prophesy are you talking about?  You just make up your own or you're referring to a specific quote?

The whole point of prophesy (REAL prophesy recorded in tanach, the neviim, NOT zohar which is not prophesy and not even the biggest kabbalist tries to claim it's nevuah) being in metaphors is that it doesn't make sense to take it literally ( if indeed a given prophesy is a metaphor).  And here you are referring to some yet unknown passage as a metaphor but saying I have to believe it literally.  Understanding a metaphor literally is a contradiction in terms!

Every Prophecy contains concepts which are not readily evident through the simple understanding. I think what LKZ is saying is that there are many levels of understanding the Torah, not just Pshat.

I don't know any Rabbi who says that the simple meaning of the prophecy is to be taken literally. For instance over Shavuot when we read the Haftorah in the morning we read Ezekial 1:1-28 which related how he envisioned the angels... My Rabbi said this is a metaphor and not to be taken literally.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14