Author Topic: Robots will patrol borders  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Robots will patrol borders
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
No I think they use the other BSD.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
Love... so... much...

Want to... join project... nowwww
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
Love... so... much...

Want to... join project... nowwww

Now for a Star Trek reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomad_(Star_Trek)

Here is the phantastical conversation with NOMAD who was programmed to destroy all lifeforms:

KIRK: Nomad? Stop what you're doing and effect repairs on the life-support systems.
NOMAD: Stop.
KIRK: You're programmed to obey the orders of your creator.
NOMAD: I am programmed to destroy those life-forms which are imperfect. These alterations will do so without destroying the vessel which surrounds them. It, too, is imperfect, but can be adjusted.
KIRK: Nomad, I admit that biological units are imperfect, but a biological unit created you.
NOMAD: I am perfect. I am Nomad.
KIRK: No, you're not Nomad. You're an alien machine. Your programming tapes have been altered.
NOMAD: You are in error. You are a biological unit. You are imperfect.
KIRK: But I am your creator.
NOMAD: You are the Creator.
KIRK: I created you?
KIRK: But I admit I'm imperfect. How could I have created such a perfect thing as you?
NOMAD: Answer unknown. I shall analyse.
(Spock enters, with Scott, two engineers and the requested anti-grav units)
NOMAD: Analysis complete. Insufficient data to resolve problem, but my programming is whole. My purpose remains. I am Nomad. I am perfect. That which is imperfect must be sterilised.
(The engineers remove the unconscious men and take their places at the controls.)
KIRK: Then you will continue to destroy that which thinks and lives and is imperfect?
NOMAD: I shall continue. I shall return to launch point Earth. I shall sterilise.
KIRK: You must sterilise in case of error?
NOMAD: Error is inconsistent with my prime functions. Sterilisation is correction.
KIRK: Everything that is in error must be sterilised.
NOMAD: There are no exceptions.
KIRK: Nomad, I made an error in creating you.
NOMAD: The creation of perfection is no error.
KIRK: I did not create perfection. I created error.
NOMAD: Your data is faulty. I am Nomad. I am perfect.
KIRK: I am the Kirk, the creator?
KIRK: You are wrong! Jackson Roykirk, your creator, is dead. You have mistaken me for him. You are in error. You did not discover your mistake. You have made two errors. You are flawed and imperfect and you have not corrected by sterilisation. You have made three errors.
NOMAD: Error. Error. Error. Examine.
KIRK: You are flawed and imperfect! Execute your prime function!
NOMAD: I shall analyse error. Analyse error,
KIRK: Now. Get those antigravs on it.
NOMAD: Examine error. Error.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »
Little is computerized or automated in regards to military robots. It is protocol that a robot can not be capable of killing a human, so the "trigger" and essential functions are controlled remotely. Its like the coolest remote-control car ever, robot automation is only used for non-essential functions, and would break-down like this as frequently as a soldier would experience an inhabilitating condition.

Robot hatred is the only thing comparable in terms of contraction to Jewish hatred: they don't work or they'll take us over, they waste time or they take away work, they're too complicated or they're just simplistic things for research. People hate robots and computers because they make the free world more, and could make it way more awesome.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
Little is computerized or automated in regards to military robots. It is protocol that a robot can not be capable of killing a human, so the "trigger" and essential functions are controlled remotely. Its like the coolest remote-control car ever, robot automation is only used for non-essential functions, and would break-down like this as frequently as a soldier would experience an inhabilitating condition.

Robot hatred is the only thing comparable in terms of contraction to Jewish hatred: they don't work or they'll take us over, they waste time or they take away work, they're too complicated or they're just simplistic things for research. People hate robots and computers because they make the free world more, and could make it way more awesome.

Robots are incapable of knowing Right or Wrong and are not capable or morality. They are tools which can be utilized by humans, but they should not be considered equals to humans.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
Robots are incapable of knowing Right or Wrong and are not capable or morality. They are tools which can be utilized by humans, but they should not be considered equals to humans.

... yup. The hatred is of deploying robots, not hating their personalities...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »
oh that muman613...always pushing it to the next level or ten
you are ....fascinating.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Classic-Spock-Ears/dp/B0029F1WOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337927832&sr=8-1
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 02:40:59 AM »
And, to be fair, other screens of death:

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
oh that muman613...always pushing it to the next level or ten
you are ....fascinating.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Classic-Spock-Ears/dp/B0029F1WOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337927832&sr=8-1

Indeed.... Fascinating...

PS: I will reveal one of my 'personal secrets'... When I was a youngster I used to pretend I was Mr Spock and I wanted to believe that there was a Logical Approach to the world. But then I grew up as a human being...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »
I try to be logical, most of the time, but the world so often just doesn't make sense.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
I try to be logical, most of the time, but the world so often just doesn't make sense.

Logic Dictates...