Author Topic: Interesting Biography on Rabbi Meir Kahane  (Read 704 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Interesting Biography on Rabbi Meir Kahane
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:18:47 PM »
I think this video is pretty fair...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Interesting Biography on Rabbi Meir Kahane
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:34:33 AM »
I believe that Rabbi Kahane was more right-wing at the end of his life, then when he was actively involved in politics.
If you track his positions on the Arabs and on Israel's left wing, you will see his positions evolved over the course of time.
If he were still alive today, I don't think he would still advocate everything said in the interview.

I view the "Ohr Haraayon", Rabbi Kahane as the authoritative Rabbi Kahane. You are free to disagree.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
This world lost a gem and saint when he was murdered.  Gd bless him.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
I believe that Rabbi Kahane was more right-wing at the end of his life, then when he was actively involved in politics.
If you track his positions on the Arabs and on Israel's left wing, you will see his positions evolved over the course of time.
If he were still alive today, I don't think he would still advocate everything said in the interview.

I view the "Ohr Haraayon", Rabbi Kahane as the authoritative Rabbi Kahane. You are free to disagree.

First of all ohr harayon was put together posthumously by his students from notes, NOT PUT TOGETHER BY THE RAV.

Secondly how do you claim he was not involved in politics at the end of his life?  Or that his views changed significantly at the very end?