Author Topic: Soccer, the sport of Rabid Antisemitism  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Soccer, the sport of Rabid Antisemitism
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                       :fist:

Long live Beitar Yerushalayim!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
Long live Beitar Yerushalayim!

Jews can go to sports games in the United States on Sunday and the rest of the week. But it's horrible that religious Jews will have problems to find a soccer game in Israel not on Shabbat.

In a Jewish country, you should be able to see games on Yamei Chol. The Israeli Baseball League was Shomer Shabbat and didn't play on Tisha B'Av. I guess because most baseball fans in Israel are American Jews, the majority of whom that live in Israel are religious.

In the US, they have Jewish Heritage Night at sports games including MLS soccer games featuring kosher food. I don't know why they can't cater to religious Jews in a Jewish country. Also, Beitar Yerushalayim is viewed as the favorite team of the Right but the owner is a self-hating Jew and the fans booed the Muslim player he signed.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:25:49 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                       :fist:

Those are excellent points Binyamin, absolutely correct.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 05:06:57 AM »
I am fan of club called Partizan from Belgrade. Our new soccer coach is Jew from Israel-Avram Grant . Any visits to muslim countries even for friendly matches is not in consideration any more.

As much as it was an excellent Serbian-Jewish collaboration, though I am not a Partizan fan, Avram Grant has already left from Partizan, I think months ago due to some "private-personal things". It was a good co-operation but it cracked.