Poll

What have your experiences been like when you met a homosexual in person?

The majority seemed like decent human beings to me
9 (52.9%)
The majority of the ones I met were horrendous people to me
7 (41.2%)
I have never met a homosexual to my knowledge
1 (5.9%)
I have only met people who used to be homosexual, but changed
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Personal experiences with a homosexual IN PERSON  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Personal experiences with a homosexual IN PERSON
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »
Sorry Ruby! Fire and brimstone was something our ancestors misunderstood. They did not understand the Hebrew text! One of the only things I agree with  from the Roman Church is purgatory! I remember you saying you were psychic,  so what about the spirits in the after world? Where are they? In heaven or hell, or are they in limbo!

I think you misunderstood something I said. I've had supernatural experiences before so I guess I'm sensitive enough to be able to do that but I'm not "psychic" in the sense that most people would think of it. I don't believe in what the RCC teaches either because I'm not Catholic and I don't believe in many of their doctrines.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
All sinners will suffer for a time depending on their guilt. But everyone will eventually be saved. Even Hitler himself.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
All sinners will suffer for a time depending on their guilt. But everyone will eventually be saved. Even Hitler himself.

I hope you're wrong about that last one! Certain people I do not think deserve eternal bliss. Eternity = infinity. Whatever amount of time someone like that spent in hell, it would be an infinitely small amount of time compared to the rest of infinity. So to let them out would be a true injustice.

• Pro JTFer
    • the urban grind
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
^ Good point. I think that eternal bliss cannot be earned. It is given freely to us, just like our existence. Hell must be finite because all the evil things we do are finite. We only have a short lifetime to do them all in, and each person affected by us has only a short lifetime to suffer or have take from them before it is their time. So shouldn't, say, a helltime of about 100 million lifetimes be enough for Hitler?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
No. Sometimes the soul is too evil, and must be destroyed.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
I think you misunderstood something I said. I've had supernatural experiences before so I guess I'm sensitive enough to be able to do that but I'm not "psychic" in the sense that most people would think of it. I don't believe in what the RCC teaches either because I'm not Catholic and I don't believe in many of their doctrines.
I wasn't saying you are Catholic. I do have a question though... how did our reformers go from the concept of purgatory (which is closer to the Jewish belief) to heaven or hell? 
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:28 AM »
I wasn't saying you are Catholic. I do have a question though... how did our reformers go from the concept of purgatory (which is closer to the Jewish belief) to heaven or hell?

I don't know.

I was talking to a Catholic one time and they said they believed in both hell and purgatory. I asked them if I found myself in one how I would know which one it was, and they told me in purgatory you would still be able to feel God's love for you but in hell you would not feel that. It's not my belief system but I found it to be interesting anyway.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
^ Good point. I think that eternal bliss cannot be earned. It is given freely to us, just like our existence. Hell must be finite because all the evil things we do are finite. We only have a short lifetime to do them all in, and each person affected by us has only a short lifetime to suffer or have take from them before it is their time. So shouldn't, say, a helltime of about 100 million lifetimes be enough for Hitler?

100 million lifetimes would not be enough because the end result would still be the same. He doesn't deserve to spend eternity in happiness alongside the righteous for all eternity.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »
"All sinners will suffer for a time depending on their guilt. But everyone will eventually be saved. Even Hitler himself." Roermy

There's no polite way to say this:  There's absolutely, positively no Biblical basis for such a statement.  None.  That's called 'Universalism', and it's completely un-Scriptural.

Telling people such things is analogous to giving pain-killers and no further treatment to a patient suffering with a treatable tumor.   That patient may feel better, but you're condemned them to a horrific yet avoidable end.

• Pro JTFer
    • the urban grind
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
^ I thought it was pretty polite

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »

According to Jewish belief most evil Jews only spend up to 12 months in Gehinnom. We believe that there are seven levels of Gehinnom, and that the very wicked are never released from gehinnom... I posted some of this before...

http://www.torah.org/qanda/seequanda.php?id=680
What is Gehinnom?

Gehinnom is the name given to Hell in the Rabbinic literature. The name was borrowed from that of a real valley (see Joshua 15:2,8 and 18:16; 2 Kings 23:10; 2 Chron.28:3 and 33:6; Jeremiah 7:31-32 and 19:2,6; Nehemiah 11:30) where burnings took place. See also Isaiah 30:33; Jeremiah 19:11-13; Job 17:6. Punishment in Gehinnom lasts only for up to 12 months, except for certain major sinners. Isaiah 66:24 must be referring to it when he speaks of the fire that is not extinguished.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1594422/jewish/What-Is-the-Jewish-Belief-in-Hell.htm

http://www.judaism.org/index.php?p=994
Hell and Its Purpose
Do we as Jews believe in Hell? If so what would someone do to deserve a place in hell?

Hell, yes.

Well, sort of…

...you see, it’s nothing like the images we probably have of it, fashioned from TV evangelists and B horror movies. There’s no devil, and perhaps even no recognizable physical existence.

Rather, it is a place (called “Gehinnom” in Hebrew) where the soul is exposed to the reality of everything that it did in this world, while simultaneously being shown the potential that it possessed to achieve. All the facts are laid on the table in a manner which is irrefutable and undeniable. The principal punishment of Gehinnom is the inescapable pain of regret for wasting or even abusing one’s potential and thus not achieving what one could have achieved.

Gehinnom is a cleansing process for the soul to enable it to eventually enter the World To Come. Some souls are able to enter the World To Come without experiencing Gehinnom, either because of their lofty achievements in this world or because they already experienced all their suffering there (or a combination of both). For those who have to go to Gehinnom, the cleansing process is usually completed in eleven or twelve months. On rare occasion, for people who did terrible evil in their lifetimes, causing many to suffer, Gehinnom can take much longer. For example, the Talmud states that Titus Andronicus, the Roman general who destroyed Jerusalem and the second Temple in 70 ACE, is still in Gehinnom .

Only G-d, with His infinite knowledge and wisdom, can judge who does or does not deserve Gehinnom and how long their stay there must last. But it is obvious, from our human perspective, that by studying and fulfilling the Torah as much as we can, we move ourselves away from the judgment of Gehinnom.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14