Author Topic: He shot his F-117 down and they are great friends today (99' bombing of Serbia)  (Read 355 times)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer

Dale Zelko:

about “The Second Meeting”

Over 12 years ago I was speeding through Serbian airspace, when suddenly and unexpectedly I found myself walking Serbian soil. It was an extremely violent and uncomfortable close and personal “first meeting and visit” with a great Serbian warfighter, his Team, and their Country. 12 years after this first meeting I had the remarkable opportunity to have a second chance at experiencing Serbia and her people. I took the chance and will forever be deeply grateful, enriched, and blessed by it.

Leading up to my “second meeting” with the Man Who Shot Me Down, and anticipated experience visiting and sharing with his family and fellow Countrymen, I was intensely excited with restless enthusiasm and glad anticipation. I was also filled with strong anxiety and reluctance as I was uncertain how I would ultimately be received in this Country I had participated in warring against only 12 years before. After all, I had not been invited the first time and I was dropping bombs—and they were shooting missiles. Reassurance came before my recent travel to Serbia when the Man Who Shot Me Down sent word that this time I am invited and there will be no missiles!

The “second meeting” could not have been more extraordinarily wonderful in so many unexpected ways, and could not have been more natural and spontaneous. It was an indescribably beautiful experience beyond belief and imaging. It was an experience that grabbed my heart to the core and will hold it warmly and comfortably for all the rest of my days. It is a blessed journey that continues—a journey that we all are on together in this World. It is an experience and story that we want to share....

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
It seems like a nice story... America is not a predatory country... It's not easy being the police force of the world... At the end of the day there will always be someone who is left unhappy with the outcome... The fact that this Pilot was welcomed like this shows that deep down the Serbian people have a good heart.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years