Author Topic: Never Forget the Destruction : Tish B'Av Study Videos  (Read 10443 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Never Forget the Destruction : Tish B'Av Study Videos
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
The Lubavitcher Rebbes Morning Minyan on Tisha B'Av..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
I haven't seen  Rabbi Yehoshua in a long time. He used to be on TorahAnyTime.com but he hasn't done anything there for a while...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 01:26:19 AM »
Rabbi Yehuda Glick made a series of videos on the topic of Eichah/Lamentations....

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:43:11 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 01:44:15 AM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:37 AM »
False tears, deep muman sweet posts. So its basically crying for G-d's help when he already gave it to you, and trying to be sad about what you have when he already gave you everything you need to claim what you want. Also saying "you made our enemies stronger than us" after G-d just told them to crush them", which is jealousy, envy and a lack of faith in G-d. It's also saying "G-d is sending us to our deaths, which is calling the dude that just literally saved them evil.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »
False tears, deep muman sweet posts. So its basically crying for G-d's help when he already gave it to you, and trying to be sad about what you have when he already gave you everything you need to claim what you want. Also saying "you made our enemies stronger than us" after G-d just told them to crush them", which is jealousy, envy and a lack of faith in G-d. It's also saying "G-d is sending us to our deaths, which is calling the dude that just literally saved them evil.

I have no idea what you are talking about here LKZ. We are talking about the Book of Lamentations, Eicha by the Prophet Jeramiah. Sounds like you don't quite understand the material and are looking for ways to belittle it. Jeramiah was a prophet, and thus what he wrote was with G-ds own words. These are not 'false tears' as you so ignorantly imply. These are tears of longing for connection with our beloved. The 'daughter of zion' who was scorned for her infidelity. We realized our mistake after it was too late. But as in every love connection our beloved G-d never fully despised us.

Do you really think we were 'envious' of our enemies? That is preposterous and indicates your complete lack of understanding of this great work. As the Rabbi pointed out that this was an attempt to get the Jewish people to recognize the great sadness that our beloved felt because of our acceptance of foreign worship. It is then the prophet calls out all the events which led to the destruction.

LKZ, I sometimes really wonder about you. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt and yet you come here during this very sad time for Jews and sit here acting as a judge against us. Do you really think you are Satan to be a prosecutor against the Jewish people? You think too much of yourself it appears.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 04:26:26 AM »
I have no idea what you are talking about here LKZ. We are talking about the Book of Lamentations, Eicha by the Prophet Jeramiah.
 Do you really think you are Satan to be a prosecutor against the Jewish people? You think too much of yourself it appears.

Oh... well no. that video I was talking about. By envious I meant of the strength of the inhabitants. Oh and btw, a lot of the things I say are wrong I've done and am realizing or reflecting on what I used to believe.

This is the first time though I've been accused of too much self-esteem, and as with the other way around, I have absolutely no idea what to think, nor do I know why I should care what someone else thinks I think of myself, and as with being accused of not having enough self-esteem, I have no response.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
Shalom LKZ,

I apologize for taking so long to reply to your message. I realize that I may have misunderstood what you were saying. If your intentions were not as I perceived then please accept my apology.

Regarding the term 'false tears'... You may be referring to the concept "Because you cried for no reason I will give you a reason to cry.". These tears were not false tears. This referred to the 1st Tisha B'Av when the spies returned with their 'evil' report. The spies had various motives for giving the bad report, and some sages say they had sincere reasons to feel the way they did. Regardless of their reasons, Hashem was disappointed that we lost faith so easily and cried for no reason. As you say Hashem was with us and we doubted his ability to bring us into the land as he promised. This was, and is till this day, a problem with Hashems beloved people the Children of Israel.

The reason we lament the Temples destruction is because we want to re-establish the special bond we had when the Temple, and its miracles, existed in this world. We try to bring ourselves to feel the pain of losing our loved one. We ask ourselves what we did to deserve this treatment, and through this we discover what we can do to improve in the future.

I see this as a love relationship between a man and a woman. In my personal experience with my soul-mate I have come to realize that love transcends all physicality. Today's idea of love does not mesh with the Jewish idea of love. We love because we want someone to give to, not get from. Kindness is a trait which is only possible if there is someone else who needs something and we can provide that in kindness. We do not love because of beauty, or because of riches, we should love the trait we see in our mate and want to sustain it, and grow it, and be a part of the others life.

The Jewish people are likened to the wife of Hashem. In this relationship we are the receiver while Hashem is the giver. This is why Hashem is referred to as a HE, in the male pronoun. Our relationship is also compared to a child to a parent, or a servant to a master, or a citizen to a King. Through these metaphors we can learn how Hashem relates to us, and to his people Israel.

Our crying is not because we want material strength and power, or to be like our 'enemies'. We realize that enemies can only affect us when we are weakened by our own lack of trust and faith in our beloved Hashem. The enemies are only a way of Hashem to wake us from our imagination and fantasy about this world. This world is a world of action, and we are judged by what we say and do, and to a lesser extent what we think. We should be working to bring the world to perfection. The Jewish people were given a Holy Mission by Hashem in the desert. While many Jews are deficient when it comes to doing the mitzvahs, most of them do have good deeds. The Orthodox are trying to live as best we can in the modern world where our values are seen as antiquated. But we do envision a world where the Temple is rebuilt, Jewish unity brings all of Israel back to knowing our father is King, and peace reigns over all nations.

Also regarding self-esteem. Remember that a Jew is constantly walking a line. We are commanded to be humble, as our teacher Moses was the most humble of all men... But we also should not be so humble as to allow others, and other nations, to walk all over us. The key is to know when to be humble and when to stand up for our principles. A wise man knows {as King Solomon wrote} that there is a time for every purpose under heaven.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
I posted this on my youtube page last Shavuot because that was the day we received the Torah at Sinai... But it is applicable to what I said concerning humility...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Here is a news-brief discussing Tisha B'Av and mourning for Gush Katif:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
More about the horrible tragedy which befell us on Tisha B'av a few years ago...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
Someone may have already posted this documentary of the expulsion, but it is appropriate to watch this to remember the folly of giving land to enemies.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »
Ariel Sharon was completely wrong to give in like he did. The evidence that we made a mistake is clear when looking at the situation today.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »
Oh and as for you telling me about humility, I at least got a good chapter into the book on it, but if you have so much pride that it'll even offend you or ruffle your feathers if you don't like what someone thinks about what you think of yourself, you gotta problem.

That calling me the devil stuff was the first time you were mad at my more... energetic way of expressing things. Anything I say I at least think I'm trying to help, but none of this is really about me, even when I bring up me or what I do, its about what I can understand or do for you.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »
What???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2012, 12:04:14 AM »
I'm going to be nice, what can you do for us, that does not concern money?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:20:31 AM by Ephraim »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 12:46:22 AM »
I'm going to be nice, what can you do for us, that does not concern money?

Money? I can bring manufacturing back to the west. Intellectually, I know some things and understand and develop new ones quickly. What are you the [censored] deed collector or something??? I can also post whatever I want to say at that particular moment in time just because I feel like it. Don't be nice Ephraim, I hate condescending arrogance even more than insulting arrogance.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 01:59:59 AM »
LKZ,

All I will say to you at this point is... "Whatever".... You want to be an enigma, a riddle, whatever... So be it. It doesn't detract at all from what I am saying. I am not just addressing you. What I say is to everyone. And it has nothing to do with me. It seems you think this is about me and my ego... You are entitled to feel that way, though I hope over time you come to realize that I am only seeking to achieve peace.

If you are capable of doing all that you claim you can do then all the more power to you. I do not feel threatened by you and I don't have any ill feeling toward you. If you truly are representing your feelings and not playing a game like some others here have done then I can put up with quirkiness and sensitivities. I have gotten along with all kinds of people and I have been able to bring peace between parties. That is a story for another day.

I have expressed to you my understanding of the reasons we mourn. You can listen to what I have said and learn more from other sources {which you can search yourself or I can provide links} or you can just think I am trying to force you to believe in something. I certainly have no desire to force anyone to believe anything they are not prepared to believe. I post this thread because I want to educate Jews about the meaning of this time of Tisha B'Av.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 02:53:06 AM »
It seems you think this is about me and my ego... You are entitled to
no I don't say gay things like ego, and would have no reason to do that in the first place, I was saying I'm not doing it to destroy you guys with posting alot I'm just doing it because. I was also talking about me why I didn't get mad. You literally took everything you possibly could have the wrong way.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »