Author Topic: Now you See it, Now you Don't : Israeli Unity government evaporates  (Read 514 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I knew when I first head about this 'Unity' government coalition in Israel that it would not last very long. Kadima, the left wing Jew hating party, lead by the putz Mofaz decided to split from the coalition due to the current controversy concerning the Army Draft bill {regarding Charedim in the IDF}.

In my early opinion it is a good thing to get Kadima out of the coalition. They only drag the coalition down to the leftist view that giving land away brings peace. This is one of the biggest deceits ever perpetrated on the Jewish people. Anyone who has been alive over 10 years realize that when we give the enemies land, they only become more emboldened and demand more. The line must be drawn in the sand, and there can be no compromises when it comes to the issue of Jerusalem, and the territories of Judea and Samaria. These territories must be annexed once and for all.

From the New York Slimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/world/middleeast/unity-government-in-israel-disbanding-over-dispute-on-draft.html

JERUSALEM — The national unity government formed in Israel two months ago unraveled on Tuesday, when the head of the centrist Kadima Party, Shaul Mofaz, announced that he was withdrawing because of intractable differences with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Likud Party over a proposed universal national service law.

A Kadima operative confirmed the breakup Tuesday afternoon, saying of Mr. Mofaz in an e-mail message, “Yes, he’s pulling out.”Another Kadima member, Yoel Hasson, said that 25 of the party’s members of parliament voted in favor of leaving the coalition, with three opposed.

Ynetnews.com, an Israeli news Web site, quoted Mr. Mofaz as telling Kadima Party lawmakers in a closed-door meeting, “It is with deep regret that I say that there is no choice but to decide to leave the government.” Earlier on Tuesday, Kadima released a statement announcing that "negotiations between Kadima and the Likud over the equal distribution of the burden have failed," a reference to the national service law.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14