Author Topic: Dark Knight Rises' screening shooting in suburban Denver leaves 12 dead, up to 5  (Read 4050 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dark-knight-rises-screening-shooting-leaves-20-injured-deaths-feared-reports-article-1.1118289

AURORA, Colo. -- A lone gunman went on a real-life rampage at a midnight showing of the “The Dark Knight Rises” outside of Denver Friday, killing 12 people and wounding up to 50 others.

A 24-year-old suspect, identified as James Holmes, was in custody. A SWAT team had surrounded his apartment building in North Aurora after he told cops it was packed with explosives, police said.

The gunman burst into the theater through an emergency door minutes after the movie started, released a canister that might have emitted tear gas and opened fire, authorities said.

We “heard loud noises and [saw] smoke and thought, ‘This is a joke. This is fireworks,’” theatergoer Megan Walton told the Daily News.

Ten people were found dead at the scene. Two died at local hospitals.

The youngest victim was believed to be a three-month old infant who was in fair condition. At least six victims were rushed to the Children’s Hospital in Aurora, including a 6-year-old with a bullet wound.

Caitlin @dingos8myTARDIS

Shots fired in the theater. #batman #aurora #colorado
    20 Jul 12

Caitlin @dingos8myTARDIS

Oh God, I don't know what to do.
    20 Jul 12

Caitlin @dingos8myTARDIS

Everybody please pray for my friend Alex.
    20 Jul 12

Caitlin @dingos8myTARDIS

They're putting us in a bus to a nearby high school now. #aurora #batman #shooting
    20 Jul 12

“This is a horrific event,” Aurora police chief Dan Oates said at a press conference early Friday morning.

Oates said the masked gunman, clad in black, was arrested near a car behind the theater.

The suspect was carrying a rifle and a handgun. He was wearing a gas mask, a bulletproof vest and a riot helmet. A third gun was found inside the theater.

FBI spokesman Jason Pack said there’s no indication the massacre had any connection to terrorism.

Christopher Ramos, 20, said the theater erupted in chaos after the gunman threw a gas canister.

“People started screaming,” Ramos told the Daily News. “I grabbed my sister. He kept shooting and shooting.”

The smoke was “making me cry and my nose hurt,” Ramos added.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dark-knight-rises-screening-shooting-leaves-20-injured-deaths-feared-reports-article-1.1118289#ixzz21AMLzg6Y
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
crazy stuff

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
I heard the guy was re-enacting one of the events from a batman comics.  He was wearing some sorta mask too.

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
What a lunatic.
Why couldn't this drek head just sit down and enjoy the film.

The real Joker is Obama who has called for prayer and reflection over this terrible event

We could look forward to more such events with your rule B.O
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
My head is literally going to explode! :nuke: These poor innocent people die and get wounded, and where is our media??? ??? We need more gun laws, a man from the Tea Party did it! You know what left, Freak you! I’m so sick of you little girls, and feminized men telling us how things should be, we know how things should be and our way is the right way! Take the guns from us and only the criminals will have them, good idea you idiots! If more of us pulled our heads out of our donkeys and stood up we wouldn’t have these kinds of attacks! Left, leave our country and go to some commie, or muzzy country where you belong! Guess what left if you win this in the end,(which you won’t!) you’ll die, just slower than us! Now have a great day, you sellout pieces of crap!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Question... Where do the majority of insane people live today? Answer... Out and about in society because there are almost no mental hospitals left to lock dangerous people away in... The shooter was a sick bird who's own mother knew he was crazy... It's not a gun problem its a mental problem.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
Question... Where do the majority of insane people live today? Answer... Out and about in society because there are almost no mental hospitals left to lock dangerous people away in... The shooter was a sick bird who's own mother knew he was crazy... It's not a gun problem its a mental problem.
May the mother be cursed in every possible way by the souls of those dead. I am praying that the amount dead does not increase. \
This is  nothing to do with gun laws. I wish liberals would shut the hell up. Here in NYC people are shot daily, sometimes I can hear gunshots, and almost all guns are banned. Of course that doesn't stop the gangsters does it now.

In Romania there are gangs of poor Gypsies and Hungarians and they all get guns illegally. Since they are so many ways to get them illegally.

• Silver Star JTF Member
I agree, but it is not necessarily the mothers fault!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
I agree, but it is not necessarily the mothers fault!
Partially. Why the hell did she not tell authorities? That is every parent's duty! To protect your child and also to make sure they are not a danger to the public.

• Silver Star JTF Member
Tell the authorities what? That her son was a nut job? How would she know what he wanted to do? Ya if your nuts you need locked up!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

I agree with you. We can thank bleeding heart liberals for the decline of asylums. It's true that old style asylums often robbed the mentally disabled of their dignity, but that could change now. I think the asylums should have been reformed rather than to let all the loonies out into society to kill and hurt people. It's almost impossible to get someone locked up these days so all the people in this thread blaming the mother probably aren't seeing the whole picture. Maybe she tried to get help for her son but wasn't legally able to declare him incompetent or saw no viable path to doing that.

Liberals are also pushing to get violent criminals released from prisons, trying to claim that prisons are "racist", etc.

We need a lot more asylums and a lot more prisons.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Partially. Why the hell did she not tell authorities? That is every parent's duty! To protect your child and also to make sure they are not a danger to the public.
What would she tell the authorities her son is crazy? They would tell her so are half the people walking around on the streets today... In most cases police are not going to do a thing before the fact unless criminal activity comes to their attention...If the mom knew he was stocking up on guns, explosives and chemicals the last two being worse than the first she might have been able to raise a red flag... From all indications I saw this guy was never really in trouble before... It's really not right to curse the parents of people like this... In many cases the parents are unable to deal with adult children with mental issues... The system insists they be on on the streets and they often torment their own parents who can't do much to change the situation... The sad fact is some people need to be put away for the protection of society...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrim_Psychiatric_Center
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Park_Psychiatric_Center

Where are all the people that once populated places like this? Did crazy people become extinct?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
May the mother be cursed in every possible way by the souls of those dead. I am praying that the amount dead does not increase. \
This is  nothing to do with gun laws. I wish liberals would shut the hell up. Here in NYC people are shot daily, sometimes I can hear gunshots, and almost all guns are banned. Of course that doesn't stop the gangsters does it now.

In Romania there are gangs of poor Gypsies and Hungarians and they all get guns illegally. Since they are so many ways to get them illegally.
About the only parts of New York City that hearing gunshots is possible is in parts of Brooklyn and sections of the Bronx where most normal white folks would never want to live anyway unless they grew up there... Even most of that is due to gang activity and is very limited even then... New York today is actually quite safe... Even at its worse during the 70's , 80's and the crack epidemic it was not as bad as you make it sound.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
He was isolated from the general society and a hero worshipper of the Joker.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
The authorities don't always listen.
http://ochistory.org/Werner_Murder.php

If your child commits a mass murder you are tortured by it, no one needs to curse you, I imagine.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Apparently, the guards in his jail say he still thinks he is in the movie.  He is re-enacting everything that the joker did.... saying he is joker, enemy of the batman, and spitting on all the guards, just like the movie.

Here is a picture of the phsycho:

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Apparently, the guards in his jail say he still thinks he is in the movie.  He is re-enacting everything that the joker did.... saying he is joker, enemy of the batman, and spitting on all the guards, just like the movie.

Here is a picture of the phsycho:

I wonder if he'll plead insanity successfully.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
You know some of that batman crap could be an act to get them to give him an insanity plea.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
You know some of that batman crap could be an act to get them to give him an insanity plea.
For sure. The liberal courts do that kind of crap always. No death penalty, no justice. I remember when I first came to NYC (and America in general) I learned of the Kitty Genovese case, where the scum who stabbed the poor woman and raped her got death at first but the filthy swine lawyer got it commuted to life. Just thinking about it makes me tremble with rage.

When someone gets what they deserve, why do the piece of [censored] liberal have to ruin it? Why can't they let anyone get justice? We all know the defendant will not get death.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
You're kind of both correct. NYC is averaging about 500 murders a year with the vast majority involving firearms so, how're those gun bans working out Mr. Bloomberg? At the same time, the murders usually involve a black victim and a black perpetrator, so the media doesn't really make too much of it.

About the only parts of New York City that hearing gunshots is possible is in parts of Brooklyn and sections of the Bronx where most normal white folks would never want to live anyway unless they grew up there... Even most of that is due to gang activity and is very limited even then... New York today is actually quite safe... Even at its worse during the 70's , 80's and the crack epidemic it was not as bad as you make it sound.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
any chance this lunatic is a muslimaniac?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

He seems like a comic maniac to me.  But I am sure he gets his inspiration from Mooslamic terrorism.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Maybe he is black..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
I want to know where he got the money for the thousands of dollars worth of equipment he was wearing.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

Yikes.