Author Topic: Repub Congressional Candidate Supports Jews in ALL of Israel  (Read 551 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
New York City Councilman Dan Halloran, a Republican running for Congress in the 6th congressional district, met with Dr. Joseph Frager, Chairman of the World Committee For The Land Of Israel, Rabbi David Algaze, President of the World Committee For The Land Of Israel, Odeleya Jacobs, VP Media Relations of the World Committee For The Land Of Israel, and Asher Taub, an activist on Jewish causes who ran for Congress in the last election.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/158325#.UBIiw8fKmlg

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
Re: Repub Congressional Candidate Supports Jews in ALL of Israel
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:35:37 AM »
Wow! Check out the wikipedia article on this guy!

Halloran's study of Norsemen and Viking archaeology and field research in Ireland led him to develop an interest in Germanic mythology and lore, and eventually to Theodism,[10] which has attracted widespread attention. He is a member of the New Normannii Reik, a branch of Heathenism.[19] The Village Voice described Halloran as "America's First Elected Heathen";[20] another Reconstructionist Neopagan adherent, Jessica Orsini (who is Hellenic), had previously been elected to the city council of Centralia, Missouri in 2006.[21]

His religion became an issue during the campaign after it was revealed that he was an adherent of Theodism. On his group's website, Halloran offered the following descriptions of his beliefs: "We believe in and honor the Gods and Goddesses of the North, spirits of the land, and the memories of our ancestors"[8] and described his group as "a cultural, religious and martial organization; dedicated to reviving the folkways of the Norman peoples of Northern Europe."[22] Odin, Tyr and Freyr are among the deities worshipped by the group. Halloran also stated that "It is our hope to reconstruct the pre-Christian religion of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European peoples, within a cultural framework and community environment." When asked about his beliefs, Halloran said "I was raised a Roman Catholic[19] right here in Auburndale. I was baptized into the Catholic Church and took my confirmation at 13. I attended Jesuit schools. Then and now, faith is a cornerstone of my life." Halloran served as legal counsel and incorporating attorney for the New York City Pagan Pride Project.

I like the guy!
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »
Wow! Check out the wikipedia article on this guy!

I like the guy!
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oy Vey! I didn't know this...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 02:30:12 AM »
בס''ד

This guy is an avowed pagan. Furthermore he believes in the German paganism that the Nazis believed in. He also is a Ron Paul-type libertarian.

Now he's running in a district where maybe 50% of the voters are Jewish, many of them Orthodox Jews. So, of course, he's going to pretend to be pro-Israel.

His opponent is a Chinese American Democrat. I would rather have a Chinese Democrat than a pagan Republican. Even though I hate the Democrats.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:36 AM »
בס''ד

This guy is an avowed pagan. Furthermore he believes in the German paganism that the Nazis believed in. He also is a Ron Paul-type libertarian.

Now he's running in a district where maybe 50% of the voters are Jewish, many of them Orthodox Jews. So, of course, he's going to pretend to be pro-Israel.

His opponent is a Chinese American Democrat. I would rather have a Chinese Democrat than a pagan Republican. Even though I hate the Democrats.

I had no idea about this guy. I saw the video and he appeared to say that he thought that in Israel Jews should be able to live in Judea and Samaria. I have not seen many people come out and say it {except maybe Newt Gingrich}...

But in light of this information it sounds like pandering to me..

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:59 AM »
Oh well, he does seem to be a dud. I still think he's better than Grace Meng, though.

And about the paganism thing: I think I agree with Zelhar that the Nazis, even those who were official pagans like Himmler, were not authentic representatives of the old Germanic and north religions and mythology.

Also mord pointed out that the original Germanic tribes were very accepting of Jews:
http://www.sullivan-county.com/religion/arians_jews.htm

Clearly Noahidism or Evangelical Christianity would be better since the TaNaKh is from the one true God, but I think being a pagan is better than having no religion at all.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:04:20 PM by Islam-hater »