Author Topic: Congressional Cut & Run Policy Against Our Troops  (Read 2536 times)

El Cabong!

Congressional Cut & Run Policy Against Our Troops
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
Congressional Cut & Run Mentality Against Our Troops

Congress is cutting the funds for our troops brain-injured in the war on terrorism. When Are lawmakers going to realize that is our troops who defend us so we can make the money to pay our taxes to run this country?

I'M FRIGGIN TIRED OF CONGRESS SCREWING THE VETERANS AND TROOPS AND WIDOWED WIVES AND CHILDREN OUT OF WHAT THEY JUSTFULLY AND RIGHTEOUSLY DESERVE FOR THEIR UNSELFISH SACRIFICE FOR US AND OUR COUNTRY ! ! !

That said and out of my system, I'm so pissed that the men and women who serve their country constantly get under-funded and unsupported. This is disgusting and it is a friggin disgrace and a deep stain on our system and lawmakers.

Short:

The proposed funding cut "clearly indicates that the Congress is out of touch with the realities and consequences of war," Jim Mueller, the outgoing commander in chief of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and a Vietnam War veteran, said in a written statement. "You either take care of the troops or you do not."

Traumatic brain injuries result from a violent blow to the head — what's known as a closed-head injury — or from a bullet or shrapnel that penetrates the brain.

"It is absolutely inexcusable that lawmakers would slash funding during a time of war for a research center that is earning its keep by addressing the exact types of injuries our troops are suffering," said Jim Mueller of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. "This research center is an investment in the future potential of traumatically disabled soldiers. It is not an expense."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2372172&page=1

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Congressional Cut & Run Policy Against Our Troops
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
Since WWII, our politicians' promises to Veterans have been as empty as all of their other BS.

I get a "sick" feeling every time the best of our youth volunteer to serve in harm's way; usually very idealistic and energetic.  Only later, if and when they return, do they find out the hard way that all of the talk about "Thank You For Your Service To Our Country!" changes to "Look, we just don't have any money to spend on damaged goods....you're "yesterday's news"...get lost!".