Author Topic: Screw the Olympics  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Screw the Olympics
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
Last night I saw a few moments of the opening ceremonies and saw that the nation of Palestine was represented.  This would be the same Palestine that does not exist at the current time.  More importantly, the Palestinian Authority which is the government of this sub national political entity is led by a beast who was knee deep in the Munich massacre.  No wonder the Olympics did not want a moment of silence to remember the dead Israelis, they have their heads too deep up the orifices of their murderers.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Screw the Olympics
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:56 AM »
I don't think the people who run them are good at all. It would be nice if they would just be for elite athletes to compete/show off their abilities rather than being such a political entity too.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »
I don't think the people who run them are good at all. It would be nice if they would just be for elite athletes to compete/show off their abilities rather than being such a political entity too.
It's most likely like anything else a money making deal... There again I say that if it gives the handicapped a venue to participate all the better.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »
The map on their site shows a PLO flag over Israel and Israel isn't even shown. If you want to search a country by letter, Israel comes up if you type I but when you go to click on it the list disapears and the map shows again.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:57:20 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
It's most likely like anything else a money making deal... There again I say that if it gives the handicapped a venue to participate all the better.

I think it's strange how liberals will generally agree that disabled people should have rights if you ask them, yet at the same time they support abortion of Down's babies, dwarf babies, babies that are likely to have other mental or physical disabilities, etc. and euthanasia of adults. I think that disabled people have rights whether they're unborn, children, adults, or elders. That's the more consistent view. Liberals are nothing but hypocrites. While I don't like the standard Olympics because of its political strings attached, I think the paralympics or special olympics are generally good things because they give opportunities to disabled people to participate in sports which is good both for their health and for their self-esteem and well being.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
It is probably the 3rd or 4th Olympics that have that fake country as a participant. I remember they were represented in Athens 2004. I think they were also present in Sydney 2000. 

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »
It is probably the 3rd or 4th Olympics that have that fake country as a participant. I remember they were represented in Athens 2004. I think they were also present in Sydney 2000.

I remember from Atlanta 1996 and I think I remember seeing Iraq also was there that year.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
The ancient Olympics were supposed to be about stopping wars when all the pagans would come to Mount Olympus. The widow of one of the murdered Israeli athletes said the terrorists don't know what the Olympic spirit is about. But Jews shouldn't believe in it either. It should just be about sports and the pride of your own country.

I always like the opening ceremony the best but they always make it Shabbat. I'm trying to find it online to watch somewhere.

I also remember how in the past people criticized the NBC sports broadcasters of making political comments when each country came out. I liked that part. It's about politics and the countries. If people don't want politics behind it, there should be a competition where individuals compete against each other not based on what country they came from. Of course that wouldn't work with team sports where the medal is for a country but if individuals compete for their personal medals, there can be a World competition that is non-political where they can do it. But the Olympics are a political sports event so people should not complain when political remarks are made about teams.

Also, the Israeli team has to come out on Shabbat in the opening ceremony. If it's outdoors, there is probably no eruv when they carry the banner. Also, they had the swimming on Tisha B'Av and I think Michael Phelps is Jewish and swam on Tisha B'Av. Bathing is one of the prohibitions of Tisha B'Av.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:59:01 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
Quote from: IsraeliHeart
I think Michael Phelps is Jewish and swam on Tisha B'Av.
Michael Phelps is not Jewish.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »
Michael Phelps is not Jewish.

That could be the start of Adam Sandler's next "Chanukah Song".

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
The ancient Olympics were supposed to be about stopping wars when all the pagans would come to Mount Olympus. The widow of one of the murdered Israeli athletes said the terrorists don't know what the Olympic spirit is about. But Jews shouldn't believe in it either. It should just be about sports and the pride of your own country.

I always like the opening ceremony the best but they always make it Shabbat. I'm trying to find it online to watch somewhere.

I also remember how in the past people criticized the NBC sports broadcasters of making political comments when each country came out. I liked that part. It's about politics and the countries. If people don't want politics behind it, there should be a competition where individuals compete against each other not based on what country they came from. Of course that wouldn't work with team sports where the medal is for a country but if individuals compete for their personal medals, there can be a World competition that is non-political where they can do it. But the Olympics are a political sports event so people should not complain when political remarks are made about teams.

Also, the Israeli team has to come out on Shabbat in the opening ceremony. If it's outdoors, there is probably no eruv when they carry the banner. Also, they had the swimming on Tisha B'Av and I think Michael Phelps is Jewish and swam on Tisha B'Av. Bathing is one of the prohibitions of Tisha B'Av.

The ancient Olympics were not about stopping wars and no one came to Mount Olympus. The ancient Olympics were about individual athletes competing against each other for victory in their specific event and the "stopping of wars" was a temporary treaty stating that any conflicts would be put on hold so that the athletes and spectators could travel to Olympia (hence "Olympics") without fear of attack. If any state broke the temporary treaty, there were supposed to be dire consequences against that state.

So, in essence, if the ideals of the modern Olympics were truly based on the ancient Olympics, the Munich attack on the Israeli athletes would have caused the Palestinians to be barred from ever competing again and possibly fined into bankruptcy.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »
But The PLO weren't participants in The Munich Olympics. They just killed Israelis. Only after Oslo did they have a delegation. Unless you want to judge all Arabs as a whole which is the Halachic thing to do (Gentile nations are judged as a whole and modern Arab countries are a British and French invention anyway as are African countries. That's why they kill each other. All the borders are artificial. Yugoslavia is an example of a Russian invention.).

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 02:39:57 AM »
But The PLO weren't participants in The Munich Olympics. They just killed Israelis. Only after Oslo did they have a delegation. Unless you want to judge all Arabs as a whole which is the Halachic thing to do (Gentile nations are judged as a whole and modern Arab countries are a British and French invention anyway as are African countries. That's why they kill each other. All the borders are artificial. Yugoslavia is an example of a Russian invention.).
Yugoslavia isn't an invention like some African country that never had nationality, history or anything of sorts and whose people are different tribes speaking different languages.

The name Yugoslavia may be an invention created to make it more appealing for non-Serbs. However, the Croats and the Bosnians are Serbs who converted to other religions - forcibly or due to pressure by occupiers for the most part. By right, the Serbs has valid claim for all of former Yugoslavia as this is Serb land. The Albanians are interlopers who should be expelled from Serbia.