Author Topic: Orthodox Jews get glasses to blur out women  (Read 24668 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Orthodox Jews get glasses to blur out women
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
OK so it's not a sin to do that, but it can tempt you, so because spirits apparently are not good and bad, but test and directly help you, then just get so good at beating this test that you don't have to think twice about it. If the owner of a company is a woman that  wants to sell you her company for a low price, would you not meet her over loosing the sale?

This brings me to a story which I may have told before...

I drive a fast car, a Mustang GT, and from time to time I get pulled over for speeding {or appearing to speed}. One day while driving in to work I came up upon a police cruiser who was driving a little too slow for my tastes. I followed behind it for a few miles and then changed lanes and pulled along side it and looked at the officer, it was a blonde woman... I kept driving along side her until another car came barreling past both of us and the woman appeared to not care too much, so I started to pass her by accelerating....

Just as I got past her she turned on her lights and started to pull me over. If I remember correctly this was during the spring just before the Holiday of Passover. Once she came up to my window and asked if I knew how fast I was going I simply said one word to her, this was "Mercy Please". I did not attempt to deny or even address the issue of whether I was speeding. She said that the car which passed us was actually an unmarked police car... But what occurred next was a miniature miracle {which has happened to me on other occasions} when the woman officer said she would not write me a ticket.

Then the weirdest thing happened. This police woman said she wanted to shake my hand. She saw I was an orthodox Jew, I was wearing my kippah and tzit-tzits.... Of course I shook her hand... But I knew in my heart she was doing this to make me break my custom. I still thank Hashem that she did not give me the ticket...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »
Those pics were taken on a cold winter day in Israel.  These might not be anything more than dressing warmly.

Um, no. Those are burkas.  They even put them on their kids.

There was one crazy lady called the. Burka lady.  She started the cult.  She has like 10 followers.   10 divided by 5 million is a small percentage.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »
This brings me to a story which I may have told before...

I drive a fast car, a Mustang GT, and from time to time I get pulled over for speeding {or appearing to speed}. One day while driving in to work I came up upon a police cruiser who was driving a little too slow for my tastes. I followed behind it for a few miles and then changed lanes and pulled along side it and looked at the officer, it was a blonde woman... I kept driving along side her until another car came barreling past both of us and the woman appeared to not care too much, so I started to pass her by accelerating....

Just as I got past her she turned on her lights and started to pull me over. If I remember correctly this was during the spring just before the Holiday of Passover. Once she came up to my window and asked if I knew how fast I was going I simply said one word to her, this was "Mercy Please". I did not attempt to deny or even address the issue of whether I was speeding. She said that the car which passed us was actually an unmarked police car... But what occurred next was a miniature miracle {which has happened to me on other occasions} when the woman officer said she would not write me a ticket.

Then the weirdest thing happened. This police woman said she wanted to shake my hand. She saw I was an orthodox Jew, I was wearing my kippah and tzit-tzits.... Of course I shook her hand... But I knew in my heart she was doing this to make me break my custom. I still thank Hashem that she did not give me the ticket...

I wouldn't outright settle on her being a little Jezebel trying to make you give up your beliefs, but I understand now that this is a rule that is secondary to your desire to avoid great physical/financial discomfort. What I don't understand is why it is a rule, instead of just learning to control your sexual impulses. Is shaking hands a sexual act for two men or women?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »
A frum (Observant) Jewish man should not make physical contact with a woman who is not his wife...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1051760/jewish/May-I-Shake-the-Ladys-Hand.htm

What is the rationale for the Jewish prohibition on men and women touching, let alone shaking hands?

The prohibition of touching (in Hebrew negiah) goes back to the Book of Leviticus (18:6 and 18:19) and was developed further in the Talmud. A person who observes this prohibition is often called a shomer negiаh. It applied not only to close contact such as hugging and kissing, but also to shaking hands or patting on the back. The practice is generally followed by traditionally observant Jews, both men and women, including Hassidic Jews, and those who are referred to as Haredim. It is also observed within the Modern Orthodox community depending on how traditional the person is.

The Question is: Why?
To remove any myths, it can be said emphatically that it has nothing to do with impurity, or with the social or religious status of people who encounter other people.

The reason is a rather complex, even Freudian rationale. It is felt that touching a person of the opposite gender is essentially a sexual act, or at least the precursor of a sexual act. While it is true that most handshakes between men and women do not lead to sexual relations and are not even contemplated, sexual relations always begin with touching. It is also true that a handshake does communicate feelings albeit on a superficial level.

It has been recognized however, that there are many instances in which men and women can and perhaps even should, touch each other. This would apply to saving a person who is facing a life-threatening danger. Members of the health professions may obviously touch members of the opposite gender in the practice of their discipline, as may hairdressers or physical therapists as a necessary component in the practice of theirs.

The issue that seems to have caused the most discussion is whether there is an exception to the prohibition in a business situation. Some commentators take the position that where shaking hands is in a business context, and is clearly a non-affectionate contact, it is permissible under Jewish law (Наlасhаh). The Office of Career Services at Yeshiva University, which is considered Modern Orthodox, takes this position as part of the interview process for its students applying for jobs after graduation. Haredim and Hassidic commentators do not agree.

http://www.aish.com/atr/Shaking_Hands.html?catid=909419

Shaking Hands

Last week I had a business meeting with an Orthodox Jewish woman and she politely declined to shake my hand. What is the reason for this?

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

Maimonides cites Deuteronomy 22:13 as a scriptural prohibition against any pleasurable contact between a man and woman (other than those who are married or close relatives). This includes hugging and kissing.

Shaking hands is a bit of gray area since different situations come up and it is not always considered "pleasurable, physical contact." But suffice to say there can be sexual pleasure involved; it’s just that we are often numbed to it due to the onslaught of sexual images in today's media. We have unfortunately lost the nuance of a touch or a peck on the cheek. But the energy is there; I recall reading of a woman who, after shaking hands with a U.S. President, called it "the most satisfying full-body experience I have ever had."

As a result, the custom among most Orthodox Jews is not to shake hands with the opposite gender.

In a case where one person extends their hand, some rabbis are lenient to allow for shaking hands, in order to prevent embarrassing the other.

In general, it is best to avoid this situation in the first place. An Orthodox person who is greeted by an extended hand could just smile broadly and pretend not to notice. At a gathering where this situation is common, one could anticipate and arrange to have both hands full.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
A frum (Observant) Jewish man should not make physical contact with a woman who is not his wife...

As I understand it, that is because this is a sexual act. Is shaking hands a sexual act for two men or women?

I can't just do something. I need reasons to get out of bed in the morning, and definitely to change the way I do everything once that happens. I'm gonna hammer what you say until I'm sure its one of those unbreakable things I want, or until there's pieces all over the floor.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
As I understand it, that is because this is a sexual act. Is shaking hands a sexual act for two men or women?

I can't just do something. I need reasons to get out of bed in the morning, and definitely to change the way I do everything once that happens. I'm gonna hammer what you say until I'm sure its one of those unbreakable things I want, or until there's pieces all over the floor.

I am not suggesting you change your ways... I am just saying this is what certain observant Jews do in order to keep 'Shomer Negiah'...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
I am not suggesting you change your ways... I am just saying this is what certain observant Jews do in order to keep 'Shomer Negiah'...

Then allow me to suggest that I think I need to. Ever since I learned about Judaism, even meat and cheese together leaves me sick for a day. I'm already like 20% kosher, I'm figuring out how to pull off the whole sabbath thing, and started Friday night meals with my family to test it.

So please, is shaking hands sexual, and does it only apply when the shake occurs between opposing sexes?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »
Then allow me to suggest that I think I need to. Ever since I learned about Judaism, even meat and cheese together leaves me sick for a day. I'm already like 20% kosher, I'm figuring out how to pull off the whole sabbath thing, and started Friday night meals with my family to test it.

So please, is shaking hands sexual, and does it only apply when the shake occurs between opposing sexes?
Yes. Members of the same sex can shake hands.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »

You know what my favourite kosher meat is, when I cut the heart out of a deer and eat it!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
You know what my favourite kosher meat is, when I cut the heart out of a deer and eat it!
:thumbsdown: ::) :yuck: :teach:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »

That doesn't sound Kosher.... Kosher meat must be slaughtered by Shechitah {ritual slaughter} and cutting the heart out is not a kosher way of slaughter {only using a razor sharp knife  to slit the throat (approximate description)}.

But Deer meat, if slaughtered correctly, can be Kosher.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:19 PM »
http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/130/Q3/

Topic: Game (Deer), Kosher
Jon Subar wrote:

Isaac sent Esau out to catch 'some game' before planning to give him his blessing. What is 'game'? Doesn't sound very kosher to me because it wasn't ritually slaughtered. Didn't the Patriarchs keep kosher even though it was before Sinai, before the Torah was given?

By the way: At work we tried to get a windshield put in a truck Friday. The biggest glass company in Grand Rapids, Michigan - who always does that for us - couldn't do it for us on Friday. Half of their service technicians had the day off...opening day of deer season of course!

Dear Jon,

Did you say 'deer' Jon? I ask you this because the Midrash says that Esau ran and caught deer for his father.

The Hebrew word 'hunt' - 'tsad'- also means 'trap.' Hence, Esau may have trapped the animals with a net, snare, or even his bare hands. After all, his brother Yaakov was so strong he was able to lift a giant stone from the well, a stone requiring many men to budge.

Why then did Yitzchak tell Esau, "Sharpen your weapons, your sword and your bow?" The sword was in order to ritually slaughter the animal. The bow was to protect himself from wild animals, or in order to disable the animal - but in a way that would not render it unkosher.

The Talmud says that one of the Sages was able to ritually slaughter a bird in flight with a sharp arrow. Perhaps Esau, renowned for his hunting prowess, was equally skillful. (According to Japanese sources a martial-arts expert in archery would be able to do this as well.)

Sources:
* Midrash Tanchuma, Toldot 11
* Tractate Chullin 30b
* Genesis 27:3, Rashi and Siftei Chachamim

See also : http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/222240/jewish/What-is-Shechita.htm

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2012, 01:45:40 AM »
I found this:

"So, [found and excerpted from website eretzhemdah when googling for the famous quote]
consider :

Chazal concluded: “Just as it is forbidden to rule that the impure is pure, so is it forbidden to rule that the pure is impure” (Yerushalmi, Terumot 5:3). Poskim apply this idea generally to forbidding the permitted, (see Beit Yosef, YD 115; Aruch Hashulchan, YD 242:66). It is better to have 10 tefachim that stand than 100 that fall. Therefore, in creating walls of halacha, we mustn’t build so high that it threatens the structure. Rav Kook learns from this as follows. “One should not look to be stringent without a tradition from our teachers in a matter that is itself a distancing from sin. A stringency should not be built onto a stringency unless we have found it explicitly or we have clear proofs” (Orach Mishpat, OC 112).

Kabbalah teachings also indicate that one should be careful not to be stringent without a source. Rav Kook quotes Rav Chaim Vital as saying: “About such people it says: ‘They are wise to do bad [forbid] and they do not know how to do good [permit].’ Because they scorn the tree of life, Hashem does not help them, and they err in the details of the tree of life and the tree of knowing good and bad and turn it into bad, and they make impure that which is pure and forbid that which is permitted.”
[end of excerpt]"