Author Topic: Ask JTF for August 19, 2012 is ready, baruch Hashem  (Read 754 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF for August 19, 2012 is ready, baruch Hashem
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
בס''ד

The program is 1 hour and 11 minutes this week:

http://jtf.org/ask/2012-08-19.mp3

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Ask JTF for August 19, 2012 is ready, baruch Hashem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
בס''ד

I was listening to the program this week and then it suddenly stopped after a few minutes. This also happened to me two weeks ago. I have no idea why this happens but I did find a solution for myself at least that may also work for others. I just refresh the entire page and start over. I then let the entire bar darken which takes a minute or so. Once the bar darkens, you can also pick any part of the video that you wish to listen to.

I hope this helps, G-d willing.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
בס''ד

I was listening to the program this week and then it suddenly stopped after a few minutes. This also happened to me two weeks ago. I have no idea why this happens but I did find a solution for myself at least that may also work for others. I just refresh the entire page and start over. I then let the entire bar darken which takes a minute or so. Once the bar darkens, you can also pick any part of the video that you wish to listen to.

I hope this helps, G-d willing.

Hi Chaim,

I had this same problem and that's exactly what I did and it did help perfectly.  Thank you Chaim

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
Cut and paste the URL of the show into Windows Media Player. In Windows Media Player, press Control U and then paste it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:12:53 AM »
It helps nobody but I had no problem downloading the show from my browser and playing it with my movie-player {totem in linux}.

I right-click on the link and select save as...

Others have said it doesn't work for them. I cannot explain why some may have this problem and others don't. I do know that if I try to play it from the web server {by clicking the link} the playback starts and then stops shortly after that. Usually this indicates that the player does not handle the situation when the buffers are exhausted in a friendly manner. HTTP protocol {which all web servers use} was not originally meant to stream video or audio. For this kind of serving of files a FTP server is more ideal.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14