Author Topic: Rape blunder  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Rape blunder
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:31 AM »
I heard that in cases of legitimate shootings, the body has a way of shutting itself from getting hit with bullets. Maybe Todd Akin can see if that actually works by trying to shoot a legitimate rapist.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:40:37 AM »
I heard that in cases of legitimate shootings, the body has a way of shutting itself from getting hit with bullets. Maybe Todd Akin can see if that actually works by trying to shoot a legitimate rapist.

Well obviously what he said was mindless, and would be hurtful (even though he misspoke/spoke out of ignorance) to several women I know, but I generally do favor abortion as a medical procedure in certain rape cases, such as when the girl was very young or violently attacked, as the pregnancy may threaten her life. If he won't give up the political career he's dreamed of and likely spent much of his life working for because of that one statement, he needs to be supported, or you support someone that would include condoms and abortions on high-school cafeteria menus. Hyperbole, but the truth still involves many dead BABIES, not the soulless line that the living thing inside you is a fetus, which is different and OK to de-humanize.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »
While I am against abortion (except for cases or rape or when the mother's life is in danger) I think Todd Akin meant what he said. Just my opinion.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »
While I am against abortion (except for cases or rape or when the mother's life is in danger) I think Todd Akin meant what he said. Just my opinion.

Well shucks if you gotta force me to turn on the man, because of the pain it causes me to see a women in pain, I think your opinion is wrong. He said what he said as a preemptive rebuttal to the standard liberal justification for infanticide, that women would be further victimized by bearing the rapists' child. While the child is equally a victim and is a sentient being that holds no inherent blame for his father's sins, planned parenthood certainly helps with the choice issue more than a woman's body will (the reproductive system is not capable of discrimination). This was not the product of someone with the intellect of a hole in the ground dweller, but the result of a dofusy epiphany moment that he could knock the ace out of baby-killers' deck. He tried very sadly to ram it home with "legitimate" which is an attack on that argument and court favoritism of women in these cases. For that argument, he's pointing at the fake rapes that in some manufactured cases women accuse men of for whatever reason, and court favoritism, which translates into an attack on feminism, people that hold an ideology most likely to support abortion. For men being found guilty and later being exonerated after compelling evidence of their innocence discovered I could only name a handful of cases, which is an extremely weak point to attack feminism with. Basically, he thought he was fighting the good fight, but was really only being ignorantly hurtful. And I'd bet he's funded MM and anyone he can to keep from loosing his entire political career because of it.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:34:11 AM »
Oh he didn't hurt my feelings as a woman. I think he's a moron. But overall I don't care who supports him and who doesn't.  Win or loose, he's not my problem :)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »
Oh he didn't hurt my feelings as a woman. I think he's a moron. But overall I don't care who supports him and who doesn't.  Win or loose, he's not my problem :)

His opponent will do everything he can to be.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
The comment was beyond stupid, for sure, but I'd like to see why nobody is pointing out that it is liberal Democrats that insist on treating rapists with kid gloves.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
The comment was beyond stupid, for sure, but I'd like to see why nobody is pointing out that it is liberal Democrats that insist on treating rapists with kid gloves.

How many Willie Hortons have been released by these liberal governments? How many white women have been raped by these criminals who are let out on our streets?

Remember Willie Horton, the murderer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Horton
William R. "Willie" Horton (born August 12, 1951) is an American convicted felon who, while serving a life sentence for murder, without the possibility of parole, was the beneficiary of a Massachusetts weekend furlough program. He did not return from his furlough, and ultimately he committed assault, armed robbery and rape.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14