Author Topic: Thoughts or opinions on the Republican Convention so far?  (Read 2253 times)

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Thoughts or opinions on the Republican Convention so far?
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
What do our members think of the convention's activities and speakers so far?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Thoughts or opinions on the Republican Convention so far?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:08:52 AM »
Better than last year
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:35:37 PM »
Better than last year

Actually, better than 4 years ago.  I don't understand why members on the forum aren't talking about Romney and all of the speeches.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
Romney is more aggressive than McCain... but not much more.   Very few of the candidates went after Obama's character....  I did like what Rubio said.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
בס''ד

Usually conventions provide the party with a boost in the polls. The polls so far show virtually no boost for the Republican ticket from this convention. That's a bad sign.

I thought the speeches of Paul Ryan and Ann Romney were excellent. Mitt Romney's speech was OK but nothing special.

I still believe that the "politically correct" Romney campaign is letting this Muslim racist Jew-hater Barack Hussein Obama get away with murder. The Romney-Republican campaign is also not taking on media bias. These are big mistakes in my opinion.

We in JTF must try with our very limited resources to do with Romney and the Republicans won't do - expose the real Obama. If the real Obama were exposed, I am convinced that he would lose. Stay tuned next week for more anti-Obama videos that are not "politically correct".

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I did not watch it since I have no TV, but out of the speeches I saw on YouTube I'd say Huckabee's speech was pretty good.  I didn't see anything as hard-hitting as it needs to be though.

Dan,  I'm not sure if you and the other people reading this thread have seen the following ZooTube site.     It has most of the speeches from the recently complete Republican National Convention:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gopconvention2012/videos
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »
Romney is more aggressive than McCain... but not much more.   Very few of the candidates went after Obama's character....  I did like what Rubio said.

briann,   while I liked some of Marco Rubio's message,    I've gone from one of his bigger fans to someone who will no longer promote his videos.    I freely admit that I was wrong about Rubio.

First,  Rubio was critical of Michele Bachmann a few weeks ago when Bachmann rightfully wants to know the extent of the Muslim Brotherhood infiltration into the U.S. Government.

Last night was my final straw with Rubio unless he becomes much less politically correct.    Rubio said the following his speech last night that I'll post below.    From my respective,    this more than cancelled out the good parts of his speech.     Memo to Marco Rubio:    Barack Hussein Obama is NOT a good person!      If Rubio doesn't realize this,  he should resign from the U.S. Senate.      Otherwise,  his politically correctness  is causing more problems than he's providing benefits.   

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/30/transcript-marco-rubio-speech-at-rnc/

Now, let me be clear so that no one misunderstands.  Our
problem with President Obama is not he is a bad person.  By all
accounts, he too is a good husband, a good father, and thanks to
lots of practice, a good golfer.
   (APPLAUSE)
   Our problem is not that he is a bad person.  Our problem is
that he is a bad president.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
One speech that I thought was horrible was the one that Chris Christie made.     This so called Keynote address only mentioned Obama once by name.        While I blame the Romney campaign and Republican establishment more than Christie,   as they controlled the content of the speeches,   Christie should not have agreed to speaking w/o ripping Obama to pieces.      Christie,  for all of his faults,   has demonstrated that he's willing to speak his mind in speeches,   debates,   and interviews.   

On the other hand,    like Dan I liked Mike Huckabee's speech.     The speech that stood out from a positive standpoint the most along with the two that Chaim liked  (  Ann Romney and Paul Ryan )  was the one that former Alabama Democrat Congressman Artur Davis made.     Davis realized the error of his ways of supporting BHO in 2008.     Now he's a huge critic of Obama.      I think that Davis'  speech will convince some 2008 Obama voters to either vote for Mitt Romney or at the very least not vote for BHO again.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
It's too bad in a way that the convention had to be cut short a day however I think all said and done it went sort of well...  A few weeks ago I thought we would be stuck with the shvartza President for another term however I am starting to see a chance that he might be sent packing in November... I think Romney's choice of Ryan and now the convention has given the Republican slate a bit of a bounce to work with... I think many of the fence sitters are starting to trust Romney / Ryan which will make all the difference in November... I believe we will start to see a trend one way or the other in the up coming week... G-d willing the trend is one we can live with.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years