Author Topic: I was out of town and I got scared in a certain situation.  (Read 485 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I was out of town and I got scared in a certain situation.
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
I went to a certain city for a few days, and I was scared of the blacks in a certain area. There was a guy with a dishiki on screaming and rapping. The overall language was pretty F****in' lousy everywhere I went. At one point I was literally scared for my life, as scared as I was walking through the Arab Quarter in Israel a few years back. I felt like such a racist being scared in broad daylight, but I feel the same way driving through parts of Brooklyn. Chicago, or walking past Arabs. Not to mention that some black woman talked to me about Israel because she saw I was Jewish (though she turned out to be helpful). I was kind of dumb to wear my kippa and tzitzis out in this situation, but I had no clue that this place was going to be like it was. Do any of you guys have any similar experiences?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: I was out of town and I got scared in a certain situation.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
If you aren't black it's a good idea not to go into black neighborhoods. They're not even safe for blacks, really, but at least they wouldn't be seen as intruders unless they were from a rival gang.

I'm glad you're ok Mo.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »
I would not be afraid. Obviously you should be cautious and observe your surroundings. But loud music is intended to intimidate others and my reaction is always to resist being intimidated by loud music. I live not so far from a bad neighborhood but I don't fear it and I have never had a bad experience. But I know my neighborhood and I know that there are dangerous areas which I have no need to visit.

Do not take unnecessary risks but do not be fearful. Surely the gangsta blacks are on the wrong side of things and you should avoid them as best you can. But I don't fear black people in general and find that they are not all as evil as some people think. My experience includes getting my nose broken by a black gang in Los Angeles when I lived there {Back in the mid 80s}...

I am sorry you were so upset in this situation. Maybe next time you visit that city you will have a better understanding of where to stay and where to avoid.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
Just my opinion... Try voiding unstable environments. Do not act as if you are scared, even if you are! Fear is natural, but do not allow it to overcome you. Do not look like pray, but do not look like a threat. If you are approached keep your distance and keep your back away from them. Always carry a weapon, if it is illegal, carry a box cutter in your pocket. Act like a complete psychopath! Example being, I will freaking cut your throat out, and eat your freaking children(and that is being nice)! If it looks like it's going to progress strike first! Strike at 45 degree angles, circling away keeping your enemies in front of you.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
Not that I ever look for trouble, but in situations like this I go with the mentality that I'm ready to crack some heads open if anyone wants to start trouble with me.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »
It's best to avoid areas like that.
I once got lost driving in Philadelphia.
I pulled alongside a bread delivery truck to ask for help.
Inside the truck there was a white driver and a black passenger.
They both look surprised to see a car with white people in it, in that area.  :o   
They said it was best to leave right then :teach:  and had me follow them out to where I wanted to be.
Those men knew we stood out like a sore thumb, which made us a target.  I was grateful to them both.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.