Author Topic: Lecture on the History of Chassidic Judaism and Ba'al Shem Tov  (Read 1663 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Lecture on the History of Chassidic Judaism and Ba'al Shem Tov
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »
I have not had a chance to watch this except for a few minutes, but it seems to be informative...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Lecture on the History of Chassidic Judaism and Ba'al Shem Tov
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
One of my favorite Chassidic/Breslov Rabbis is Rabbi Moshe of Tzfat. I have corresponded with him a couple of times, and I promised I would visit him when I end up in Tzfat.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 01:33:33 AM »
Here is another video by Rabbi Moshe of Tzfat, on Chassidus: