Author Topic: Dick Silverstein wants First Amendment ban when it comes to insulting Islam  (Read 721 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2012/09/12/anti-muslim-video-textbook-example-of-how-to-destroy-relations-with-muslim-nations/#comments   

4th comment and dicks reply 

Anti-Jihadi Video, Textbook Case for Destroying Relations with Muslim Nations

by Richard Silverstein on September 12, 2012 · 4 comments

in Mideast Peace

While the murder of four U.S. embassy personnel in Libya is a heinous act, the lead-up to the act and what promises to be a grisly response to it offers a textbook example of how NOT to conduct relations between the west and Muslim nations.  First, a bunch of lunkhead idiot anti-jihadis (you just gotta believe Pam Geller, David Horowitz and Robert Spencer were involved in some way) made one of the lamest works in the history of agitprop filmmaking.  No one took it seriously.  Why should they?  Lousy production values, wacky extremist views.  Who’ll pay attention?

Let me put it to you another way.  Ever watch one of Ayman al- Zawahari’s propaganda videos?  Lousy production values, wacky extremist views.  Does the west pay attention?  You bet we do.  So if we take serious umbrage at the Islamist lunatics and their statements, why would we think Muslims wouldn’t do the same regarding OUR lunatics?

U.S. intelligence tracks the jihadis precisely and minutely.  Does it do the same for anti-jihadis like the ones who produced this film swill?  In case you’re still wondering why this is important–if you think it’s important to be warned when al Qaeda is making a major statement why wouldn’t you think it would be important when anti-jihadis are going to foment rioting throughout the Arab world?

Further, if we do our best to sabotage al Qaeda, even when its members aren’t armed or preparing any terror attack, even when they’re American citizens, why shouldn’t we exert even half that diligence to subvert the agenda of these nuts?  To be clear, I’m not just talking about Sam Bacile or whatever his real name is.  He’s the tip of the iceberg.  I include in this fetid stew incendarists like Geller, Horowitz, Pipes, Wilder, Spencer and others.

We killed Anwar al-Awlaki even though he was a poster-boy for al Qaeda and not directly involved in terror attacks.  We killed an accomplice who merely published an al Qaeda propaganda magazine.  Yet what do we do to the anti-jihadi enablers?  They jet around the world unheeded.  They fund the most vile anti-Muslim propaganda.  Horowitz and Pipes even poured huge sums (that he received from billionaire Aubrey Chernick?) into Wilder’s far-right political movement.  What are we waiting for?  For Wilders to become prime minister of Holland and forcibly exile all of its Muslim citizens?  How much hate and violence do you think that might generate in the Muslim world toward us?

These ostensibly non-profit groups pump money into the anti-jihadi equivalent of the Islamist caliphate, all the while making U.S. taxpayers subsidize their fulminations.  When will the administration go after those who directly or indirectly foment violence around the world?  Do I believe David Horowitz and Daniel Pipes want to foment holy war between the west and Islam?  Probably not.  But are they unhappy with the results of their labors and those of idiots like “Sam Bacile” when embassies are burned and diplomats murdered?  Not on your life.  To them it’s the wake up call to the west to finally extirpate the filth of Islam.

You don’t have to directly and knowingly engage in violence to commit a crime.  Get the Justice Department and IRS agents off their asses and investigating this mess before you have not two Muslims countries, but twenty gunning for us.

Finally, the weapon and response of choice for this U.S. administration seems to be sending a drone down the throats of any Muslims who hate us.  So expect Libya to be swarming with them over the coming weeks and months.  Expect also that they will engender the same rage they do in all the other Muslim states where they operate: Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, etc.
Share:

More

Tagged as: anti jihadi, daniel-pipes, islamism, pam geller

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

Fred Plester September 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM

The actors in the film worked to a different script entirely, then the offensive words were dubbed onto their actions, without their knowledge. Those involved in the production appear to believe that the person behind the film was an Israeli, though there’s also an extremely dangerous rumour that it’s an Egyptian coptic. (That really could brew massacres and it’s probably meant to.)

Am I the only one who thinks the film was made to teach Obama a lesson for not seeing someone’s point of view about Muslims?

David September 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Excellent observation:

Let me put it to you another way. Ever watch one of Ayman al- Zawahari’s propaganda videos? Lousy production values, wacky extremist views. Does the west pay attention? You bet we do. So if we take serious umbrage at the Islamist lunatics and their statements, why would we think Muslims wouldn’t do the same regarding OUR lunatics?

And, based on precisely the type of monitoring you mention, the US has unleashed drones on at least one propagandist for nothing more than offensive movies. The US now finds it a bit difficult to take the outraged, moral high road now.

editorsteve September 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Frankly this post disgusts me. Good, decent, sensitive diplomats died at the hands of a few vicious members of a Muslim minority group and the post blames the US government for not violating the 1st Amendment by censoring the crappy video that was the pretext for an assassination that apparently was long in the making.

Richard Silverstein September 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Frankly, you disgust me. A bunch of Christian Copt yahoos want to foment another holy war between Islam and the west and you want us to stand back and say the First Amendment prevents us from stopping someone who yells Fire in a theater and causes a mass stampede? Sorry this is a tested method of whether speech is permitted or not. This video started a literal fire in Libya that killed four diplomats. The [censored] behind this film belongs in prison & will be there soon since he violated probation by uploading the film to the Internet.

I’m within a hair of moderating you. :::D :::D :::D :::D

Save your disgust for someone who cares. Your response offended me
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Dick Silverstein wants First Amendment ban when it comes to insulting Islam
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
The simple truth has a way of enraging evil people, and he just couldn't handle it.
I should post his blog on the paulists site ban the first amendment they'll protest at his house in seattle
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Dick Silverstein wants First Amendment ban when it comes to insulting Islam
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
This is the same Little Member Silverstein that is beloved by Pedofront, don't forget. I am sure he wants to outlaw criticisms of Nazism too.