Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 965 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:31:24 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Michigan State University discovers bacteria that can make 24-karat gold
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »
They extract gold out of a solution that has already great value because it contains the gold. Gold-chloride is the result of dissolving gold in aqua regia and it is a process that is used to refine Gold into a very pure state.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
Thanks. I'm really thrilled. I can't contain myself. I'm rich. I'm rich.

"The men gave the bacteria “unprecedented amounts” of gold chloride"

I'm going to spend a truck load of hundred dollar bills just so I can turn gold into gold.

They forgot the requisite nuclear fusion.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »
Of course, you were only joking. Right?

Did    Lez Klimas who wrote that article actually read what she herself wrote?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »
They extract gold out of a solution that has already great value because it contains the gold. Gold-chloride is the result of dissolving gold in aqua regia and it is a process that is used to refine Gold into a very pure state.

Lol so what is the point of this?

Maybe they can use a really small amt of gold chloride and make more gold?  The whole thing sounds a little unbelievable

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
 If someone can or does actually have an ability to make gold out of something cheap you really think they will tell you about it?
 If someone can do this they are living the life and just silent about it.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »
Am I correct in saying this? It is impossible to make any substance in it's pure elemental form.... that is "make", not to be confused with refining or purifying a substance. Example.... you can't make copper from melting gold and aluminum together.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
However, it is very possible to make a third world country by combining Obama, ignorant lazy voters, America, office of the presidency, and 8 years.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:49:22 AM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »
Lol so what is the point of this?

Maybe they can use a really small amt of gold chloride and make more gold?  The whole thing sounds a little unbelievable
In this case you have the media to blame, trying to create sensation out of everything.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 04:56:31 PM »
Some sort of bacterial chemical reaction on a simple compound of gold to isolate the  gold in pure form. Nowhere there is the additional output of the gold, so how this process can be considered as profitable and serious.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
Some sort of bacterial chemical reaction on a simple compound of gold to isolate the  gold in pure form. Nowhere there is the additional output of the gold, so how this process can be considered as profitable and serious.

My understanding of the article is that this is some form of 'performance art' performed by the bacteria. The result being a small nugget of gold. I would assume the resulting nuggets would be unique like a snowflake thus gaining some kind of sentimental value. The article kept on referring to the art aspect, not the gold from solution aspect.

In fact, the team created an art installation — The Great Work of the Metal Lover — that includes a portable laboratory (made of course from gold-plated hardware) that can make the gold in front of audiences.

“This is neo-alchemy. Every part, every detail of the project is a cross between modern microbiology and alchemy,” Brown said in a statement. “Science tries to explain the phenomenological world. As an artist, I’m trying to create a phenomenon. Art has the ability to push scientific inquiry.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14