Author Topic: nypd brutally assaults man in synagogue  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: nypd brutally assaults man in synagogue
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
Thank you for explaining yourself Chaim.

Dr. Dan, your theory still makes zero sense. What would the rabbi be "protecting" him from? The deed was done.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
Thank you for explaining yourself Chaim.

Dr. Dan, your theory still makes zero sense. What would the rabbi be "protecting" him from? The deed was done.

Imagine the cop trying to justify in court his reaction to the victim either resisting arrest or trespass.  The judge might see it as a green light for the cop to act the way he did.  But with the rabbi stating, "No, I invited him.." not only makes the victim not a trespasser, but also makes the cop look even worse for doing the brutality and much more compassion by the judge on the side of the victim IMO. 

The rabbi might have not been aware of making this invitation, but by stating that he was invited, it makes the victim even more innocent than some perceived as a trespasser.

Bottom line is this...the cop acted unjustly.  When someone is supposedly trespassing, he has to be first told to leave.  When he doesn't leave, then he should be handcuffed.  I know this from personal experience.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
Chaim explained it well and about the tape being given by them also for me at least for now convinces me that it seems like it was a big misunderstanding. 
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
Cops can be very brutal, especially if you mess with them.  I try to avoid them at all costs.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
They didn't want to hear his explanation, he was surely telling them he had permission to reside there, they didn't listen to him as though they knew he had permission and nonetheless decided to attack him.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
They didn't want to hear his explanation, he was surely telling them he had permission to reside there, they didn't listen to him as though they knew he had permission and nonetheless decided to attack him.
I agree.