Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 62549 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #575 on: October 03, 2014, 03:01:36 AM »
If one wants to be inspired to make holy music I think one should read the mitzvot before composing music for inspiration. Perhaps righteousness and good character will be reflected in the music instead of what we have today, which is music which generally corrupts the mind.

The artists I have posted do know the mitzvot and make inspirational Jewish music drawing on the stories and concepts of Jewish faith.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2014, 03:09:34 AM »
Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach's Kol Nidre...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2014, 03:25:03 AM »
My point is, some of the catchiest music today and of the past 60 years is totally unkosher...basically satanic.

I think at the time of the Temple the music will be as enticing as the most catchiest of the century but totally kosher.

If you look at things like rap today, there is a reason why people like it... the beats...it is because there is rythm and bass...but the lyrical inspiration mostly comes from the sitra achra.

There is a reason why people like country music too...the twang of the guitar...

If you look at the great orchestras of Europe which 'cultured' people love so much (Bach, Bethoven etc...) you can see there is great orchestration and heavily nuanced music, but at the soul of it, it speaks of a different type of ideal or zeitgesit.

It is hard to explain...

But my theory is that when the Temple stands, the music will incorporate all the elements of what makes these varying types of music popular into one great symphony which will basically be irresistible...As irresistible as the odors of the incense etc...

That's how I picture it anyways...The soul of music went into exile when the Temple was destroyed.

In my opinion this is one of the challenges of the generation...bringing the soul of music back to Temple worship, or worship of God in a way that is undeniable. That means everything...rythm, strings, flutes, drums...it has to be superior to all other music...probably would be the most effective form of kiruv if it is done right.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #578 on: September 18, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #579 on: September 23, 2015, 08:25:58 PM »
https://youtu.be/94dY-QxjDiE

Replace Columbus and his crew with the current widely publicized photos of muslim nazis landing and praying on Judeo-Christian shores and the music video of Vangelis' 1492 Conquest of Paradise takes on whole new meanings.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »

Offline RussianLeo777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #581 on: October 01, 2015, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #582 on: October 02, 2015, 01:14:22 AM »

Offline tseeker

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2015, 03:14:22 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoOhi9h6DI

Israel's Beer7, Operation Ivy cover....... Israeli Punk Rock/Ska....tune!  :dance:

"Haradio Hoo Lo Chaver" הרדיו הוא לא חבר
"I understand the Arabs, and they understand me, but neither of us can understand certain Jews" Meir Kahane

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #584 on: October 04, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoOhi9h6DI

Israel's Beer7, Operation Ivy cover....... Israeli Punk Rock/Ska....tune!  :dance:

"Haradio Hoo Lo Chaver" הרדיו הוא לא חבר

Um. Perhaps an acquired taste... um... they have very interesting clothes. What's your favorite Israeli song?

Offline tseeker

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #585 on: October 05, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
Alright, not Israeli punk, but one of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWq6zZulYrw

She is beautiful  :love: :israel:
"I understand the Arabs, and they understand me, but neither of us can understand certain Jews" Meir Kahane

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #586 on: October 21, 2015, 02:16:35 AM »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member