Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 777 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:57:56 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Christian leaders unite to condemn Jews
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
This certainly doesn't represent the views of Christians I know. I wonder what kind of groups these actually are. Are these mainstream groups or weird breakaway groups? Liberals are well known to start radical groups with innocuous names that actually sound respectable and sound as if they are associated with a legitimate organization. One group I am familiar with that was not on the list, Southern Baptist Association (which is legitimate) sounds a lot like one that was on the list, American Baptist Churches.
I am a strong proponent for peace but I am also a realist, Arabs and muslims DO NOT want peace with anyone non-muslim. Going along to get along is irresponsible, lazy, and just plain wrong. "Palestinians" are for the most part willfully uneducated 3rd world 5th century barbarians. Give them aid for hospitals and schools and they spend it on anything they can think of that will go towards killing Jews. What have they done with the billions given to them already? The people are still living in their hovels and in squalor with no other ambition but to breed, cause mayhem and violence, and leech as much as they can from generous societies and governments. The older I get the more I see that no society can truly prosper without God regardless of how much money or education they have. I believe their concept of God is far removed from mine. Are Jews in "Palestine" treated differently from "Palestinians" in Israel? I actually don't know but would bet "Palestinians" in Israel are treated much better than the other way around. Sort of like the "oppressed" black man is treated with respect (around here anyway) in white areas or neighborhoods but a white man would certainly be in danger should he wander into a black neighborhood.. especially public housing.

I will abruptly  stop here before this post turns into an essay.

Offline Malchut

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
The Presbyterian Church (USA), and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America are a bunch of heretics. I would suspect all the other groups (even though I am not that damiliar with all of them) are equally heretical. Only the Mennonites might not be considered heretical by Christianity; however, one must keep in mind that the Mennonites/Amish Christians believe in an extreme form of peace. They never do military service for example even against outright evil like Nazism.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »
The liberal churches like to refer to themselves as "mainline" or "mainstream" but they're not. Unfortunately Marxism's march through the institutions has invaded churches as well as every other institution in society. There are still a lot of good churches out there and a lot of individual Christians even in so-called liberal denominations that are still real Christians and good people and very conservative.

A lot of the same so-called churches that are against Israel are also in favor of gay marriage/adoption, and abortion. Remember that Tiller the baby killer was supposedly a deacon. How anybody that evil could hold any kind of church position just shows how corrupt some of the churches have become and what a complete farce some of them are. They should be called Satanic grottoes, not churches.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »
The Christian equivalents of Mikey Lerner and [censored] Silverstein. Send them to Jenin to be with the Muzzies they love so much.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
I didn't know that amish too are in the Jew hating coalition.

Offline Malchut

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 02:49:03 PM »
I didn't know that amish too are in the Jew hating coalition.

They're not. The Mennonites/Amish have the same extreme pacifism though. My point was I would not include all of those groups in the same category because some are outright heretical like ELCA, but the Mennonites could be just really  nice naive people thinking showing peace will get you peace which would be in line with their theology. However wrong that might be.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
naive people thinking showing peace will get you peace

That may work with rational people... I guess it is all about who you are dealing with. Would they show peace to Satan expecting that he would return the favor? Some people, especially muslim/arab/"palestinian" are far from rational.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
I don't buy such pacifism. They may don't want to take a gun and fight themselves, but they take a very one sided view against Israel. And they single out what they claim is Israeli aggression when in reality it is defense, and ignore real acts of terror and aggression from the part of the Arabs. In short, this is dhimism, not pacifism.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
That's because they are hypocrites and not real pacifists.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
I don't buy such pacifism. They may don't want to take a gun and fight themselves, but they take a very one sided view against Israel. And they single out what they claim is Israeli aggression when in reality it is defense, and ignore real acts of terror and aggression from the part of the Arabs. In short, this is dhimism, not pacifism.
Not to mention good 'ol anti-Semitism.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
RE: Turn the other cheek..... what I think about it.

Copied from

http://www.gotquestions.org/turn-other-cheek.html

To "turn the other cheek," does not imply pacifism, nor does it mean we place ourselves or others in mortal danger. Like the principle of the eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth in Matthew 5:38, turning the other cheek refers to personal retaliation, not criminal offenses or acts of military aggression.

Turning the other cheek means not to return insult for insult in retaliation

I guess it has to do with excessive pride... hubris.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
Whosoever they are, Shame on them.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Malchut

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
That may work with rational people... I guess it is all about who you are dealing with. Would they show peace to Satan expecting that he would return the favor? Some people, especially muslim/arab/"palestinian" are far from rational.
Probably. In the general Mennonite theology my understing is that they don't fight back. It' about relying on God to protect them, or in other words letting God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I agree with you that this position is not a very practical position to take, but since the Mennonites have tradtionally taken a very propeace/antiagression type stand I thought it best to give the benefit of the doubt. If this particular group ended up being some pseudoreligious entity like the other churches let them be condemned.

Offline Malchut

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »
If they are true pacifists, then 1) they would be just as concerned with Muslim terrorism against Israelis which they're not, 2) they would be calling for removal of all aid from Muslim countries such as Egypt where Christians are being slaughtered which they're not.  In pacifism you're not supposed to take sides one way or the other.

Also, notice Orthodox Peace Fellowship is on the list.  This is endorsed by the bishops of all of the Orthodox Churches in North America.  The Orthodox Church was a church long before any of the liberal or pro-Israel churches were even invented, and could be argued to be even more ancient than the Catholic Church.
1. You're correct in that if they were truly for peace they would favor what you outlined. However, this would not be in line with their theology. In a pacifist theology like the Mennonites have, also the Buddhists and Jains, violance is seen as violance regardless of who does it, but does land disproportionate on the perceived agressor (Israel in this case). This is in part why Muslims play up the vicim card.
2. I didn't notice the Orthodox on the list. Thankyou for pointing that out. But my point was that these people shouldn't be called Christian leaders because many of those on the list a heretics, and the Mennonites I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt because of their traditional pacifism. My statement were never meant to imply that I agree with them. Also, just because some Bishop endorses some group doesn't mean he is correct. I know the Catholics have been having some issues with this in various areas like Catholics United for the Common Good.  I apologize for my lack of clarity.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
If they truly "turn the other cheek" then it is time the Jews starting slapping the sh^t out of them.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
If they truly "turn the other cheek" then it is time the Jews starting slapping the sh^t out of them.
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
Throughout history Christians have hated the Jew, now they are taught to 'tolerate' us. They hide their anti-Semitism under the cloak of so called anti-Zionism.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
Throughout history Christians have hated the Jew, now they are taught to 'tolerate' us. They hide their anti-Semitism under the cloak of so called anti-Zionism.

Their are different "Christian" groups. All disunited and saying they are the real thing, but all really different religions in a sense calling themselves "Christian". Soo it is a bit confusing for some.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.