Author Topic: UN poll-watchers 'amazed' US doesn't require ID's to vote...  (Read 275 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
UN poll-watchers 'amazed' US doesn't require ID's to vote...
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
Foreign election officials amazed by trust-based U.S. voting system

Most of them agreed that in their countries, such an open voting system simply would not work.

Little do they know, it isn't working here either. That is unless you are a corrupt liberal.

The most often noted difference between American elections among the visitors was that in most U.S. states, voters need no identification. Voters can also vote by mail, sometimes online, and there's often no way to know if one person has voted several times under different names, unlike in some Arab countries, where voters ink their fingers when casting their ballots.

The international visitors also noted that there's no police at U.S. polling stations. In foreign countries, police at polling places are viewed as signs of security; in the United States they are sometimes seen as intimidating.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/11/06/foreign_election_officials_amazed_by_trust_based_us_voting_system

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: UN poll-watchers 'amazed' US doesn't require ID's to vote...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »
Oh... BTW, I voted today and I was required to show my drivers license. I am in Georgia.