Author Topic: Milton Friedman- Welfare  (Read 681 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Milton Friedman- Welfare
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »
He sure was a brilliant Economist who exposed the downfalls of welfare:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Milton Friedman- Welfare
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:46:51 AM »
I have so much respect for that father of the disabled child who still goes to work and stays and cares for his wife and children. What year was this made? It looks like the 70s.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »
The video is quite old possibly the 70's for sure... Still it goes a long way in showing just how long term the problem really is... Sadly liberals have made a system of generational welfare where children follow in their parents footsteps...  Worse still the sickness is creeping into the lives of people who normally work... Programs like SNAP (food stamps) and endless unemployment are making people less reluctant to take jobs they normally might if programs like this were not so generous.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
The video is quite old possibly the 70's for sure... Still it goes a long way in showing just how long term the problem really is... Sadly liberals have made a system of generational welfare where children follow in their parents footsteps...  Worse still the sickness is creeping into the lives of people who normally work... Programs like SNAP (food stamps) and endless unemployment are making people less reluctant to take jobs they normally might if programs like this were not so generous.

That is from the Free To Choose series.  It came out on PBS in 1980 or so.  I read the book.  No other book influenced my thinking as much .
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
I have so much respect for that father of the disabled child who still goes to work and stays and cares for his wife and children. What year was this made? It looks like the 70s.
I think it was made in 1980 by PBS can you believe it ! And 10 years later in 1990 they added several more chapters to the series. It is called "Free to choose".

http://miltonfriedman.blogspot.co.il/

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »
No matter how old the information is it is still very relevant. Wisdom never gets old or outdated.

I bet PBS is so ashamed they made this "blasphemous" series.