Author Topic: Respond to this  (Read 951 times)

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
Respond to this
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
Can people come up with better arguments to this post than enjoy your baby killing?

Post your thoughts here.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Respond to this
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
Can people come up with better arguments to this post than enjoy your baby killing?

Post your thoughts here.

The vast majority of women who have abortions were NOT raped, are NOT underage, and are NOT cases of incest.

Isn't it the leftists who tell us that a single mother is able to raise a child on her own?

Can't a woman put her child up for adoption rather than abort it?

There are many more questions to be asked.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:50:23 AM »
A significant number of abortion cases involve some level of coercion.

If you believe it's a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body, what happens when she wants her baby but she's put under a lot of pressure not to continue with the pregnancy? For example, her boyfriend who doesn't want to pay child support says he'll pay for the abortion, and if she doesn't get it done, he'll kill her. A doctor tells a woman that her baby has Down syndrome, and the mother feels devastated that her child won't be 'normal' (whatever that's supposed to mean anyway) and then the doctor tells her it may be best to consider an abortion, and that if she doesn't get an abortion, she'll have so many problems in her life and that it will prevent her from caring for other children in the future, etc. Basically the doctor will construct a horror story to do his best to convince her to abort the child. I've also read stories about doctors who will tell women that their baby will come out looking like "a monster" and it's best to get an abortion, even if that's not true. This is done sometimes to limit their liability. They fear being sued if a baby is delivered that will have health issues. It's not about the best interest of mother and child in that case but the best interest of the doctor. Social workers sometimes put a lot of pressure on women to have an abortion even if the woman wouldn't otherwise get an abortion. Sometimes girls that are finanically dependent on their parents are told that they will be thrown out on the street if they don't get an abortion. An abused wife is accused of infidelity and her husband demands she gets an abortion. There are a lot more examples of things like this. I've only mentioned a few of them.

And what about the rights of the father? What if he is told his wife or girlfriend is pregnant and is very happy about it and looking forward to meeting his son or daughter, but then the woman gets an abortion? Why doesn't he have any rights to protect his child?

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »
All I know is that if it turns out that women should be able to have an abortion, then men should be able to have a financial abortion. But I don't believe in either.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Its tough to respond to people who have grown up with this brainwashing.

But Ryan's argument is just entirely missing the point.... and the argument could be used for allowing a mother to kill her newborn/infant/toddler/etc as well...  Because according to Ryan... its more important that you are freeing the mother of her motherly duties than stopping the murder of a baby.

That's his viewpoint.... and it sounds crazy to us... but he's been brainwashed to believe this... Kinda like the Nazi SS were brainwashed to think its ok to shove children in ovens... because they are doing the society a good in their own very warped minds.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:52:05 AM »
I think if a mother wants a baby out she should be allowed. Thanks to medical innovation, we could grow the baby, not grind it like some sort of zombie baby formula.

Most abortions happen in the first trimester where that's not an option. Besides that I think you may be missing the point. Life has value and we should respect it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:31:03 AM »
We need to stop thinking of people as having the right to do anything they want whenever they want for whatever selfish reasons they can come up with. The generative ability of womanhood is the most feminine aspect of womanhood. An attack on unborn children is an attack on womanhood itself. It degrades women and degrades the life-giving process.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »
Can I be honest without you guys thinking I am horrible...... I know abortion is wrong. However, I choose to ignore the issue and not think about it. My purposeful secular rationale (to make myself feel better, deep down this really isn't my true feeling) is that I can't do anything about it so why worry over it. By ignoring my true feelings I can be indifferent and know that the vast majority of those babies aborted would have grown up to be criminals, welfare recipients, and in short a total drain on society.

I am sharing my honest thoughts even though I know they are VERY bad.

Abortion ruins peoples lives in so many ways.

When I was a teenager my girlfriend became pregnant. Her mom wanted her to have an abortion, I wanted to do whatever my girlfriend thought was best. I was ashamed to tell my parents so I didn't. Looking back I know they would have been very supportive even though they wouldn't have liked the situation. My GFs mom lectured us saying if we have this baby it would ruin our life and that we would not be able to give him/her any kind of decent life. She said I wouldn't be able to go to college nor would my GF. Even though I and GF were opposed to the abortion we went along with it, we were taught that our parents knew best.... mine did, hers didn't. I can still remember so many things about that day she went through with it..... I remember an old creepy looking guy in the parking lot of the clinic, holding up a sign with bible verses on it protesting abortion. Our eyes met and I quickly looked away in shame, it was like he knew me personally and sent a message to my brain and conscience that has haunted me for over 20 years. This was my first GF and we had dated for years, we planned on getting married. She loved my family and they loved her, we were always together. They saw her as part of the family and would even do things with her when I was gone. They would buy her school clothes, my dad got her a car, etc. even though she protested and didn't want them to spend money on her (although her family was trashy, she had character and was a very decent girl). After the abortion we were like strangers and we finally broke up. My family was heartbroken, as well as my GF and I. Her mom kicked her out of her house (at 16) because her (mom) boyfriends all hit on her (my ex GF) and her mom was jealous. She eventually joined the Navy since she had nowhere else to go... my mom was devastated when she found out (after the fact) my exGF had been kicked out of her house, when she (my mom and dad) tried to find her she was already gone.

Now to the present.... I went through many serious relationships that would always end because I really didn't love anyone except my first GF. I went on to medical school and my exGF went to the Navy... she loved it because for the first time in her life had some sort of structured life. She became a nurse and worked on a carrier for 4 years, then went to Norfolk and worked in OB for 6 years.... she loves OB and does it to this day. After 14 years (many of which searching for her on and off) I searched and searched and finally found her. She had just got out of the Navy a few weeks prior and was in our home town. I called her and told her I was so sorry for what I did and didn't do and she acted calm but later said she was shaking so bad she almost dropped the phone. I aske3d if she would have lunch some time and she said maybe.... next day she called, we met, and instantly it was like the old days like things were before the abortion changed them. To get to the point, we were eventually married. We desperately wanted children but every time she would get pregnant the baby would abort after a couple of months. This is likely at least partially due to damage from the abortion. We eventually went to a fertility clinic and after a year or so the doctor there told us to stop for a while. E (my GF/wife) would get pregnant but abort after a couple of months.... it was devastating for her and she became more and more desperate and depressed. E began to tell me it was God's punishment for the abortion years ago. We had a perfectly healthy little girl but murdered it. We could have given her such a wonderful life. One day E told my mom what happened expecting her to be furious but she (mom) said she was so sorry and felt guilty thinking she must not have been loving enough since E was afraid to tell her. My mom said she thanked God that she has another grandchild that she will meet some day in heaven. My mom was very supportive and not judgemental.... even though it was wrong, we all make mistakes and all sin.

Today we are still married but the effects of the abortion are still very strong and evident. We have tried to adopt but something always goes wrong.... E still thinks God will not give us a child because of the abortion. My mom told her God doesn't hold a grudge, once you repent it is in the past as far as God is concerned even though there may be ramifications. Our marriage isn't that great and I think it is because E want children so bad and I don't know or am unable to do anything about it. I have even thought of going to another country and buying a child from someone who doesn't want it but I know that is wrong. The effects of abortion are many and they do not go away. Sorrow and shame, detrimental effects on marriage, even if we did have children we both would be constantly thinking about the little girl we disposed of. When we see children playing it is so bittersweet.... happy for them but sorrowful for ourselves. It is especially hard when our relatives are pregnant and have children, they are so happy and we have to hide the pain we have (deserved pain) but we have no hard feelings or jealousy and are happy for other people's joy..... still it is hard.

Sorry for such a long post and poor grammar, running through paragraphs, etc. I just typed what I was thinking.

After re-thinking, I change my mind on abortion... I guess it would be much better to focus on education and trying to teach others to be respectable instead of turning a blind eye to the real problem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
drmg,

Thank you very much for your personal experience. I can relate stories similar to yours. Most women I know who had abortions end up regretting it and having deeply rooted emotional issues. It is surely an issue which is not simple, or can it be taken at face value. It is so sad that many kids today care as much for the unborn as they do for a mosquito.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »
Regardless of religion, killing innocent babies is wrong.

edited for grammar
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:13:25 PM by Lisa »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »
I don't think it's wrong to abort at an early stage, not sure exactly when to put the line though. Late term abortions are very wrong to the point of murder unless there is a very good reason like a great danger to the health of the mother of if the fetus is doomed to be too sick to survive or if he is viable it he would have horrible health that would make it truly not worth living.

@ drlmg, I don't think its bad or unethical to buy a child and so save him/her from a very bad situation where he has no one that wants him/her. If anything it is better then surrogacy (which is also an ethical and valid choice) as long as it's done legally of course.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Darn drimg,  you made me cry, you and your wife are in my prayers.

Guys I have been thinking about this lately... we obviously are not winning with anti abortion, although I am totally against it. Is this something we should focus on, or should we just let these women live with what they have done?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
drimg thank you for being so open and honest with us. I think you can use this experience that you went through, if you choose to do it, to help others not to make the same mistake. I can't personally stop the UN from getting more powerful, and we couldn't stop Obama from getting re-elected, etc. but that doesn't keep us from trying to do something about them. Whatever we can do can make a difference even if it's just a small difference. Your testimony could help others and just posting it may have prevented someone from having an abortion.

The fact that you do realize it was a mistake and show regret means that you do have a good core to your person and I think everyone on the forum will see that.