Author Topic: What's the best Jewish Dating Site out there, OTHER THAN THE JDATE RIP-OFF  (Read 30663 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
JDate is such a rip off.  They make you pay 39.99 a month if you want to be able to e-mail or get in contact with one of your "matches." Or you can sign up for 29.99 a month for 6 months and pay $149.99 for a dating site!  You can sign up for your "free" account and post your info and look up girls, but if you want to contact them IN ANY WAY you must pay for the "Premium" account.  Funny that they call it a Premium account because the "free" account doesn't even do anything!  The "Premium" account is just a normal account.  JDate is totally bogus.  Has anyone had any success with any good Jewish dating sites or heard good things about any of them? 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
I can set up a dating website for JTFers.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Frumster is good but you also have to pay. But the only woman who answered me positively said she didn't want to get involved with someone who wasn't going to get married right away. I had it for one month. Frumsky which is now known as Kosher Stars or Twenty-Four Six is the same service but completely free so you don't need to buy a premium account. But hardly anyone goes on it. They prefer to use Frumster and pay.

JDate is garbage anyway besides it being a rip off. They have homosexual dating there too. It is just called Jewish but there is nothing Jewish about it other than Jews using it. They let non-divorced "separated" women go on there and women who are not Halachically Jewish.

I have received a response from a nice Modern Orthodox girl on JDate but I can't contact her unless I shell out 40 bucks.  She seems really great too but I don't want to shell out 40 bucks, this is why I'm so angry with JDate.   >:(   It might not be a good idea anyways because she seems to be marriage oriented.  I tried to put hints to my e-mail address in the description of myself, but within two days it was ferreted out and eliminated by the JDate, KGB con artists.   >:(  I don't really mind if homosexuals use JDate or if non-Halachic girls are allowed to join, I'm only looking for women and of course I will ask them about their family history before meeting them.  JDate for me is an end that justifies the means.  If I meet a nice girl that way it doesn't concern me how she was found.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
I'm on Jdate and Orthodate and have gotten many many responses from both. Good luck! :)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
I'm on Jdate and Orthodate and have gotten many many responses from both. Good luck! :)

Yeah but I don't have an account so I can't contact any of my matches.  :(  Do you have an account or were you able to get responses without one?  If so, how?

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer

Yeah but I don't have an account so I can't contact any of my matches.  :(  Do you have an account or were you able to get responses without one?  If so, how?

I've been a paying member before on Jdate but have never paid for orthodate. You can view all messages sent to you on orthodate with a free membership. Generally they will send me their email addresses and that's how we can then communicate back and forth via email.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I'm on Jdate yes the women will talk till they here my political views
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer

Haha you know I get the same response when I tell guys on there I'm a republican. ;D

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
Another one that is excellant is Dosidate
Good luck yall ;)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Why does it need to charge money? 

I heard that sites like those that don't charge members any money, still earn plenty of it.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
I found another one.

www.2become1.us/

I get alot of response on all the sites but this one has been overwelming- I can't keep up with it! It's 23.00 a month but it seems alot of the people are already paying members so then you can read their mail without buying a membership. If however you want to mail/chat with a gal who isn't a member( and you aren't a member) you or she will have to get a membership.

This site does seem to have alot more Israelis than Americans though so if you are looking for an American I would try somewhere else.
Basically everyone is a religious Jew on there. If you go on on Shabbat-Israeli time- there are like 3 people in there but every other day there are thousands. When it is Shabbat here it closes until 1 hr after Shabbat.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:56:54 AM by Shoshana »

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer

Haha you know I get the same response when I tell guys on there I'm a republican. ;D

Do they also classify themselves as reform and never keep kosher?

You shouldn't feel bad about that because it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get involved with someone who has misguided liberal views, unless the person is willing to learn and abandon liberalness. 

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer

You shouldn't feel bad about that because it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get involved with someone who has misguided liberal views, unless the person is willing to learn and abandon liberalness. 

I've been surprised with politics and 2become1. I'm sure it's just because they are religious but everyone who I have mentioned Kahanists/Kahane to have said " I love him" or "me too"
No one so far has heard of the JTF so I'm spreading the word. It's nice to not hear" You support a terrorist group?" like I used to at Jdate. Such idiots on that site.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The sites say you must be very orthodox is it good for modern orthodox/tradional
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer

I've been surprised with politics and 2become1. I'm sure it's just because they are religious but everyone who I have mentioned Kahanists/Kahane to have said " I love him" or "me too"
No one so far has heard of the JTF so I'm spreading the word. It's nice to not hear" You support a terrorist group?" like I used to at Jdate. Such idiots on that site.

My username at JDate has the word "Kahane" in it.  Ahhh, so that's why I haven't been getting too many responses.   :laugh: 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
The sites say you must be very orthodox is it good for modern orthodox/tradional

Yes definitly. There is a choice on there for just Zionist that people can pick if they aren't affiliated with any of the streams of Judaism.
Hope the searching goes well!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
O.K that sounds good

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
O.K that sounds good

Is it weird that I'm curious to see your profile? Haha :D

newman

A Jewish dating site that matches Jews with non-Jews should be called Self-HateDate.com

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
O.K that sounds good

Heres my profile on my space   

http://www.myspace.com/mark284

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
O.K that sounds good

Muscules. Drool.... ;)

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer

My username at JDate has the word "Kahane" in it.  Ahhh, so that's why I haven't been getting too many responses.   :laugh: 

Haha Yes I think that would be the reason for it.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
O.K that sounds good

Muscules. Drool.... ;)
Did you ever try koolanoo it's free    www.koolanoo.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:29:43 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
O.K that sounds good

Muscules. Drool.... ;)
Did you ever try koolanoo it's free    www.koolanoo.com

Thanks for the link. I've never even heard of that one.