Author Topic: Watch the NEXT GENERATION of Missile Defense technology  (Read 340 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Watch the NEXT GENERATION of Missile Defense technology
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
I have a personal interest in the advances in anti-missile shield techonology. In the 80s I was involved with the 'Star Wars' defense initiative (SDI) as I worked for several of the American companies who were developing the 'magic bullet' which would be able to shoot down a missile in flight.

It is a very complex task considering there are many variables which much be tracked in real-time along with the telemetry from the ground-based radar installations. These missiles are moving near the speed of sound (if not greater) and while most of them are not guided (yet) they provide a real tricky target for an anti-missile bullet.

I worked for some of the companies involved in the Iron Dome system at the time (Hughes Aircraft which became Raytheon) and I worked for some smaller companies as a consultant (software engineer) involved in air-to-air guided missiles. I am very pleased that the fruits of our labors 30 years ago are coming to fruition.

Now Raytheon is working with Israel's Rafael systems in developing the next generation of missile defense systems. The 'Davids Sling' system which is popularly named 'Magic Wand' looks very promising at knocking out mid-range missiles...

Here is a test launch which takes out a target missile...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14