Author Topic: removing charitable donations from tax deductions?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
removing charitable donations from tax deductions?
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
Obama is no friend of the rich AND poor
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: removing charitable donations from tax deductions?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »
this will probably affect jtf donations.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
The reason for this is simple..... The Government does not like individuals CHOOSING their charity recipients.... they believe that the government should be the ones deciding...

Also... they will get more tax revenue.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »
The reason for this is simple..... The Government does not like individuals CHOOSING their charity recipients.... they believe that the government should be the ones deciding...

The government wants control of everything including how we pray and Who we pray to.  The things that the Obama administration is doing are just steps in that direction and destruction to this once great nation.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »

Great point!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 12:16:11 AM »
Leave it to the people like Obama and Biden, who give the least to charity out of the politicians, to remove the tax incentive to do so.   "Well hey, if I don't benefit from this tax break, no one should."

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:09:48 AM »
There's a pretty sizable allowance. Instead of totally disregarding it, they can just lower it a little.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:34:31 AM »
There's a pretty sizable allowance. Instead of totally disregarding it, they can just lower it a little.
If people are looking to save on their income tax the charitable donation deduction is really not the way to accomplish much... In recent years this deduction has become a percentage of a percentage... The formula used to calculate what a person would save on their taxes really doesn't save the taxpayer much when they look at the entire picture... I am sure most people donating are not doing so to with the idea of vastly changing their tax bite... Deductions like  this are a red herring that seem to concern a great many taxpayers that can't even take advantage of it if they wanted to... In the long run people should be more concerned about tax rates and just how progressive the tax code is going to become... The shvartza Administration is looking at an entire new set of tax rates on capital gains, the death tax, and many other forms of investment interest that will even make folks with modest amounts of money feel like they were taken to the cleaners
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

Why should they lower it?   To discourage giving charity?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »
Why should they lower it?   To discourage giving charity?

No, I mean instead of getting rid of it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
No, I mean instead of getting rid of it.

?!

Why should they lower it OR get rid of it?   Either way discourages giving charity and harms the people who do because they now have to pay more in taxes.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »
I'll try to be more clear. I was wondering why their first option has to be the most extreme option. I was curious as to why they couldn't first consider something much less drastic, assuming that they have to do something. I think what they're doing is b.s.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 02:14:37 AM »
Obama is no friend of the rich AND poor

I would not object if they eliminated such deductions and lowered the rates at the same time.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.