Author Topic: US Liberal Jews’ War on Orthodoxy at Kotel  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
US Liberal Jews’ War on Orthodoxy at Kotel
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163588#.UNxXP3dtt4N

US Liberal Jews press Netanyahu to overthrow Jewish custom at the Wall and let women pray with men’s religious prayer shawls there.
A Diaspora campaign, promoted by the NY Times, is pressuring Netanyahu to consider a radical change in traditional Jewish customs held for generations at the Western Wall, known as the Kotel in Hebrew,  and and allow women to pray with men’s religious prayer shawls there.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has stepped in to ask Jewish Agency chairman Natan Sharansky “to study the issue and suggest ways to make the site more accommodating to all Jews,” New York Times new Jerusalem bureau chief Judi Rudoren wrote Wednesday.

“The Prime Minister thinks the Western Wall has to be a site that expresses the unity of the Jewish people, both inside Israel and outside the state of Israel,” Netanyahu’s senior adviser Ron Dermer told her. “He wants to preserve the unity of world Jewry. This is an important component of Israel’s strength.”

A woman who prays regularly at the site responded to Arutz Sheva,  saying that the Prime Minister did not define what "accommodating to all Jews" might entail, but that it is clear that offending the traditionally Orthodox and hareidi-religious  women who are present at the holy site from dawn to dusk for prayers would not preserve unity at all - unless they are not intended to be part of that unity.

The so-called “Women of the Wall” movement, headed by Reform and some Conservative American immigrants, succeeded this past week in winning liberal media support for their cause from Rudoren.

After promoting their cause earlier this week, she followed up Tuesday with a report of  “outrage” in the Diaspora over the deeply-rooted Jewish tradition to maintain modesty and protect the sexes from dropping barriers between sexes, a modern liberal trend that has encouraged a loss of family and moral values in Western countries.

The issue of women wearing a prayer shawl and reading from the Torah at the Western Wall appears on the surface to be harmless, so it has been adopted as a cause célèbre as part of the Reform and Conservative movements' decades-old attempt to destroy the Orthodox Jewish authority that dates back to the time of Moses.

The issue of confronting halakhic authority is not new in the Jewish world. The Bible describes attempts by Korach to usurp Moses’ authority because “all of the Jewish people are holy.”

Similarly, the catchy, fashionable slogan of “equality,” with a push from Rudoren, has kept the Women of the Wall’s demands on the front pages in the United States.

Previous high-profile protests by the Women of the Wall failed to convince the High Court to rule against Orthodox Jewish authority at the holy site, and the justices refused their demand to carry Torah scrolls at the Wall.

However, the court later allowed them to do so at a more isolated area, known as Robinson’s Arch, south of the Western Wall Plaza.

The effort by Reform and Conservative leaders to be accepted as equals to Orthodox rabbis is the opening shot in what is bound to be a power struggle on issues far beyond that of women’s wearing a prayer shawl.

Rudoren unintentionally revealed their goals by writing  that the issue “has deepened a divide between the Jewish state and the Jewish Diaspora at a time when Israel is battling international isolation over its settlement policy.” The reform movement, as well as The New York Times, oppose Jewish rights to live in all of Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria .

Tuesday’s report included openly biased writing, stating that “particularly leaders of the reform and conservative movements in the United States, complain that the government’s recent aggressive enforcement of restrictions at the wall has turned a national monument into an ultra-Orthodox synagogue.”

There was no explanation of the term “aggressive,”  and the restrictions are those that have been in force for ages and are in the rules laid down by the Kotel Rabbinate. There also is no evidence that the Western Wall is an “ultra-orthodox” synagogue. The report also ignores the existence of large Orthodox congregations of religious Zionist, Hassidic and Lithuanian yeshiva sectors in the Diaspora who are against any changes in the customs at the Kotel.

Sharansky confirmed to Rudoren that the Prime Minister asked him to study the issue, a political and religious hot potato, and that he hopes to hand in recommendations in  “a few months.”

The Liberal Diaspora recently has pressured the Jewish Agency into passing a resolution calling for a “satisfactory approach to the issue of prayer at the Western Wall.”

Sharansky did not directly answer Radoren’s question if women one day will be able to read the Torah and wear prayer shawls at the Western Wall.

“I imagine very easily a situation where everybody will have their opportunity to express their solidarity with Judaism and the Jewish people and the state of Israel in a way he or she wants, without undermining the other,” he said.

Mixed men and women’s prayer  service is totally unacceptable in the Orthodox community and not only among “ultra-orthodox” Jews, as mainstream media implies.

Using a prayer shawl is halakhically permitted, but is rare. It is the custom of some women in women's prayer groups or on the women's side of the synagogue in recent times, as is holding the Torah in a women's service. However,  women's reading the Torah  is even less prevalent in women's prayer groups and allowed only without reciting the blessings.

The Kotel, however, has special status and the overwhelming number or worshipers there are traditionally or hareidi Orthodox, groups that vehemently oppose those changes and who represent continuity in custom and observance.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: US Liberal Jews’ War on Orthodoxy at Kotel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
Nothing infuriates me like these "women of the wall". Thinking they are like Rosa Parks for women in Judaism. I completely stand up against them.
I think as women, it would be our responsibility to also stop them. As soon as we see them arrive and approach, we should make a wall against them and stop them.  Thus sending them the message that we women do NOT want them there, and they are not representing us.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
This is nothing short of pure evil. Without understanding why we pray separately and why women should not wear mens apparel they are trampling on very important and deep concepts in Jewish faith. They should make up their own religion and go pray wherever they want to, just leave Judaism alone because it is the right faith... I curse these women for their wickedness..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
When will the liberals demand that everyone, men women and children, can be a Kohen? Im waiting because it is the same slope which began once homosexual marriage was acknowledged, the slide toward bestiality.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »
When will the liberals demand that everyone, men women and children, can be a Kohen? Im waiting because it is the same slope which began once homosexual marriage was acknowledged, the slide toward bestiality.

Oh my gosh you are right! They will come out demanding to be Kohanim. These are the erev rav. What they do is an abomination because they are not taking upon themselves extra tasks for themselves. They do it for show, for controversy, for hate. As a woman, I would not allow them to come to the wall to act like men. I would completely disrupt them, push them out of the way and block them. I would hope other religious women would join in and show these females that we will not tolerate their antics at the Kotel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
May these hideous dykes all get multiple sclerosis and myeloblastoma.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
Why dont these evil b*tches move to S. Arabia
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:04:39 PM »

I think they don't believe in Kohanim at all. They eliminated Birkat HaKohanim and other Temple based practices from their prayers.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
Oh my gosh you are right! They will come out demanding to be Kohanim.

You mean like Steven Weigang, the German Gentile who claims to be a rabbi and Kohen?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163588#.UNxXP3dtt4N

Who is hugging her? Or maybe she's not strong enough to hold the Torah without help? Or maybe it's a homosexual women's cult. I mean Deforms even have homosexual synagogues that they call "Bet Ahava (House of Love)". I say it's so gay (literally) and more like a whore house and Chillul Hashem. Prositution is prohibited in The Temple yet they do that at The Kotel. They probably object to Jews praying on the actual Temple Mount. If these women tried that there, the Arabs would stone them and the police would arrest them (the women).

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 04:46:41 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Women-of-the-Wall-Nashot-HaKotel/319876005672?ref=ts&fref=ts

Like my comment.

When you hideous man-women lesbian femenazis go pray at the temple instead of attacking the one spot Jews can pray in peace, I will believe you are anything more than backstabbing self-hating staunch enemies of the Jewish people.

and

Lol. Is this the first experience you've ever had with a non-gagging man looking at you? Some people's kids...

Muahahahah! :D :D :D

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »
These women look like lesbos :laugh: