Author Topic: Rape in India  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Rape in India
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:05 AM »
You really do seem to want to go to any lengths to deny the fact that India's human rights situation is almost as bad as China's.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
You really do seem to want to go to any lengths to deny the fact that India's human rights situation is almost as bad as China's.

Yes, I have to. After all, you are comparing a communist dictatorship with India.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:04:08 PM by syyuge »
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 04:20:11 AM »
Yes, I have to. After all, you are comparing a communist dictatorship with India.

Indian and Chinese culture have many similarities in their view of women and girls. Both countries have suffered from a major problem of sex-selective abortion. Both countries have suffered from a problem of rampant infanticide of baby girls. Both countries have a slavery problem, especially a child slavery problem.

Women considered "widows" in India, especially poor women, endure a lot of social hardship and can die as a result from being tagged as this.

I do think that India's government is better than China's, and its policies are not as directly oppressive, but there are still many human rights issues in India just as there are in China. While India may be one step up, it's not a place that I think is really good for women to live in.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
Indian and Chinese culture have many similarities in their view of women and girls. Both countries have suffered from a major problem of sex-selective abortion. Both countries have suffered from a problem of rampant infanticide of baby girls. Both countries have a slavery problem, especially a child slavery problem.

Women considered "widows" in India, especially poor women, endure a lot of social hardship and can die as a result from being tagged as this.

I do think that India's government is better than China's, and its policies are not as directly oppressive, but there are still many human rights issues in India just as there are in China. While India may be one step up, it's not a place that I think is really good for women to live in.

I agree with and appreciate your concerns in general, but you may also agree that the conditions of women and girls were also not so good in the parts of Europe that were under the muslamic domination. HZ has already given a lot of pointed replies on this matter if you remember them. Anyhow just to prove my point I can not say that first go under a muslamic domination, then dare to talk like a human rights activist.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.