Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 1075 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Superbowl
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
That time of year again when somebody brings up sports and most of you guys bash sports, the players, the fans, and the idea  :::D :::D :::D

But I know some of you, like Baltimore, will be watching. Any football-related thoughts? I think Kaepernick is very fun to watch, but the Ravens took out both P. Manning and Brady, so that's definitely exciting.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
49ers!!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »
Yeah, I haven't watched any sports for many years. But in my College years and for a short time afterwards I did keep up with the Superbowl because it always fell-out on an auspicious week... Since they moved that date back (because the number of teams increased) I haven' watched so much.

I guess I'll go with the 49ers, the home team where I live..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »
Ravens, because they have not had as much success as the 49ers.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:11:41 PM »
49ers 4 Life!!!
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
Well it is pretty obvious that I am rooting for the Ravens. The entire city is purple and it is dominating every aspect of the news. Ray Lewis is an attention wh0re and his antics have become comical and silly. He is not even a good player anymore. This really is Flacco's team. It should be a good game. Most of America thinks of defense when they think of the Ravens, Flacco is going to surprise a lot of people.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
I'm rooting for the Baltimore Ravens.    I've respected Baltimore as a great pro football town since watching QB Johnny Unitas and co.     Baltimore never should have lost the Colts.    I'm glad that Baltimore got another NFL franchise,  though it shouldn't have taken 13 seasons.      The job that their G.M.  Ozzie Newsome has done for the Ravens over the years has been tremendous.       To Head Coach John Harbaugh's credit,   the Ravens have been in the playoffs 5 straight seasons and have won 8 playoff games in this time span.      In this era of NFL Free Agency and the Salary Cap,    the continuing success of the Ravens has been impressive to say the least.

As for the Super Bowl,   I'm predicting a Baltimore 27-24 win.    The game could go either way.     The confidence that the Ravens have gained in the playoffs,  especially with wins over Denver and New England on the road,   could easily go along way if the Super Bowl is close in the latter stages.       The Ravens are much more healthy than they were in the regular season.     They are clearly better than their 10-6 regular season record reflects.    In a game with the stakes being so high,   the team with the more experienced QB ( in this case the Ravens )   has a significant advantage.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »
I think it should be SF 69ers vs Baltimore Reavers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
To some 'Super Bowl' fans this is what comes to mind:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »
To some 'Super Bowl' fans this is what comes to mind:

ahahaha, and since JTF is a law-abiding organization, we're not breaking any rules!

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Every one breaks the rules sometimes lol
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
I am not suggesting that JTF Football fans indulge in those kinds of things.... But I remember back in the days when I was partying with some friends who did....

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:57 AM »
Just got back from the celebration. The streets are crazy! Cops on horses and in the sky in helicopters. A great game. The parade is on Tuesday! GO RAVENS!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
Just got back from the celebration. The streets are crazy! Cops on horses and in the sky in helicopters. A great game. The parade is on Tuesday! GO RAVENS!
Hey, I was thinking of you! Congrats, bro! It's a great feeling!