Author Topic: New Star Wars Stand-Alone Films to Follow Boba Fett and Young Han Solo  (Read 528 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99975

Less than 24 hours after Walt Disney Pictures officially confirmed plans to develop stand-alone feature films in the Star Wars universe, EW is reporting that they have learned which two characters the first two projects will focus on: Boba Fett and a young Han Solo.

Plans for the Solo film call for it to take place in the time between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. No plot details have been revealed, but it's a near-certainty that a brand new actor would have to step in to play everyone's favorite scruffy looking Nerf-herder.

The adventures of Han Solo pre-A New Hope was actually the focus of one of the earliest Star Wars novels, 1979's "Han Solo at Star's End," set two years before the events of the 1977 film.

The Boba Fett film, meanwhile, would be set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and would follow the bounty hunter on an intergalactic adventure.

Both of the the films (of which Lawrence Kasdan is said to be writing one and Simon Kinberg writing the other) are tentatively planned to see release sometime after 2015 when J.J. Abrams' Episode VII is planned to hit theaters.
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99975#EpqPcIPSSJPY4pbh.99

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: New Star Wars Stand-Alone Films to Follow Boba Fett and Young Han Solo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
Wooow, me as a real Star Wars fan think this is great!!!!! :dance:
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
Im sorta disappointed. I remember standing in line to watch the original 1977 film... I dont think these new ones are going to satisfy like the originals. I lose respect for film-makers when they try too hard to keep the series going. I haven't watched a single Batman film since the original... I also didn't like the later Star Trek spin-offs... I have a feeling that I will not like these new Disney star wars films.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:57:51 PM »
Im sorta disappointed. I remember standing in line to watch the original 1977 film... I dont think these new ones are going to satisfy like the originals. I lose respect for film-makers when they try too hard to keep the series going. I haven't watched a single Batman film since the original... I also didn't like the later Star Trek spin-offs... I have a feeling that I will not like these new Disney star wars films.
The Batman reboot with Christian Bale is better then the stupid cartoonish movies on the 90s.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »

Well... I don't think its possible to be as good as the original... but I was so mortified by the prequels... and I thought they were a bad note to end the series... so I hope these can potentially redeem the Star Wars name....

Plus... Han and Boba are really cool.