Author Topic: Saturday Night Lives Recent AntiSemitic skit which was censored  (Read 744 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Saturday Night Lives Recent AntiSemitic skit which was censored
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:13:31 AM »
This is the first time I am watching it, but I read about it this morning on A7...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/165344#.USHUWHyRz0E

SNL Pulls 'Anti-Semitic' Parody on Hagel Hearing

Abe Foxman: skit is insensitive. Mark Langfan: it's "disgustingly racist, "putrid and lurid."
Gil Ronen

NBC's flagship satirical television show, Saturday Night Live, cancelled the airing of a controversial skit lampooning the confirmation hearing of Secretary of Defense nominee Chuck Hagel, but uploaded the skit to the internet.

The skit prompted criticism from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) and from Israel advocate Mark Langfan, among others.

Foxman told The Daily Beast the sketch was “overdone and overdone and overdone. It focuses on the issue of Israel to such a ridiculous extreme that we do become concerned because there is a claim out there that America’s a tool of the Israelis.”

It makes no difference, he said, that SNL executive producer Lorne Michaels and many of the show’s writers and staffers are Jewish. “That doesn’t excuse their insensitivity and their playing on stereotypes and selling stereotypes and [en]forcing stereotypes,” he said.

NBC and SNL offered no response on Monday to Foxman’s complaint.

In the six-minute sketch, Hagel is grilled by senators Lindsey Graham, Tim Scott, John McCain and Bernie Sanders, who compete with each other to show their slavish devotion to Israel. The John McCain character demands to know if Hagel would perform a sexual act with an animal if Binyamin Netanyahu told him to, and refuses to confirm him as Secretary of Defense when he answers in the negative.

Pro-Israel advocate Mark Langfan went further than Foxman, stating unequivocally that the sketch was anti-Semitic, because it "makes the U.S. senators look like Israeli senators who are prisoners of the 'Jewish lobby.'"

In addition, he said, it is racist, because it "makes the black U.S. Republican senator look like he just got off a farm and portrays him as a total rube. For SNL it's kosher to excoriate a black Republican senator only because he's Republican."

Asked by Arutz Sheva if mocking the power of the pro-Israel lobby is not legitimate satire, Langfan explained:

"Not when the satire actually perverts the true fact that Hagel looked like the idiot with his answers on 'containment' that had to corrected by his handlers with a corrective note. If they attacked a black Democratic congressman like they attacked a black Republican senator, there would be outrage. The black senator was only attacked because he was a Republican. That's disgustingly racist.

The airing of the skit on television was cancelled, Langfan said, "because they might have realized how putrid and lurid the skit was."

The sketch, which contains the offensive reference mentioned above, has been placed on an anti-Israeli Youtube channel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Saturday Night Lives Recent AntiSemitic skit which was censored
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:41:22 AM »
I cannot believe what I just saw.  I'm totally nauseated from this vile, filthy, sick, and blatantly anti-semitic piece of garbage.  How on earth did it get from the page to the stage in the first place?  How on earth did the writers have the gall to even put this filth on the page?  What kind of Jew is Lorne Michaels, the man in charge of SNL?  Did not even one actor say, "Hey, this is not funny in the least and I refuse to be a part of it?"  Didn't that Black actor realize that he was mocking and demeaning his own people?  This whole thing was disgusting from beginning to end.  The so-called "writers" of SNL (and the list of writers is about a mile long yet!) should all be fired for not only being anti-Semites but also for having no talent for writing comedy.  Have you seen the level of the other writing on that show?  The whole show is a total embarrassment.  It should have been cancelled years ago.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Saturday Night Lives Recent AntiSemitic skit which was censored
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:58:15 AM »
I cannot believe what I just saw.  I'm totally nauseated from this vile, filthy, sick, and blatantly anti-semitic piece of garbage.  How on earth did it get from the page to the stage in the first place?  How on earth did the writers have the gall to even put this filth on the page?  What kind of Jew is Lorne Michaels, the man in charge of SNL?  Did not even one actor say, "Hey, this is not funny in the least and I refuse to be a part of it?"  Didn't that Black actor realize that he was mocking and demeaning his own people?  This whole thing was disgusting from beginning to end.  The so-called "writers" of SNL (and the list of writers is about a mile long yet!) should all be fired for not only being anti-Semites but also for having no talent for writing comedy.  Have you seen the level of the other writing on that show?  The whole show is a total embarrassment.  It should have been cancelled years ago.

I have not watched that show since 1984 (the Eddie Murphy cast)....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14