Author Topic: Study: Hareidi Parties Do Not 'Extort' Governments  (Read 458 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Study: Hareidi Parties Do Not 'Extort' Governments
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
It's a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" type scenario. Of course the Israeli government will not speak against these entities--any more than the U.S. government will speak against Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition or ACORN. They serve their purposes. The fact that other Israeli parties do this sort of thing doesn't mean anything. Parties that claim to be religious and speak for G-d should be held to a higher standard.

Specifically, the Charedi parties are tolerated and supported because they side with the Israeli government every time and get their followers behind Israeli government decisions, i.e. what Aryeh Deri and Rabbi Ovadia Yosef did in regards to Oslo. I don't think this is a complicated concept. See Av Nammer's comment towards the end of this piece.

The only Charedi party right now that looks like a genuine voice of reform is Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak's.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
  Huh? The gov. always trashes Haredim and Haredi parties. All they have been saying is that the Haredi parties are "Extorting" them.
  And Rav Amnon Yitzhawk's party did not pass the threshold (like I said), but I would have wanted him to be in Knesset though.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:29:54 PM »
I suspect that Rabbi Yitzhak got unfortunately conflated with the backstabbing phony Kahanists in the eyes of the Israeli voters.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »
They have nothing to do with each other. Not at all. (Almost) everyone in Israel knows who Rav Amnon Yitzhawk is and probably most have listened to him at least once.

He would be mistaken to have a bigger connection to Satmar than with Kahanists.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:34:47 PM by Tag-MehirTzedek »