Author Topic: Holograms : The Future of 3D Projection  (Read 412 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Holograms : The Future of 3D Projection
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:17 AM »
I have always been fascinated with holograms. Ever since I was a kid I used to be interested in lasers and holographic projection. A lot of advances in the field of holography have occured in the thirty years since I first looked at a hologram in a hologram museum. Today the technology is being harnessed by microcomputers allowing the lasers to be programmed to display almost any 3 dimensional form.

Here is an excerpt from the wiki page on Holography : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holography

Holography is a technique which enables three-dimensional images to be made. It involves the use of a laser, interference, diffraction, light intensity recording and suitable illumination of the recording. The image changes as the position and orientation of the viewing system changes in exactly the same way as if the object were still present, thus making the image appear three-dimensional.
The holographic recording itself is not an image; it consists of an apparently random structure of either varying intensity, density or profile.

Here are some videos on the technology:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Holograms : The Future of 3D Projection
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:15:35 AM »
But I have to stop... I cannot believe how sick some people are.... I came across videos purporting that 9/11 was actually staged with holograms. One suggested that nobody died in the WTC towers.... This makes me so angry I want to kick ass. My brother died in the building. No hologram could do that...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Holograms : The Future of 3D Projection
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
Also there are all these dead stars, led by Elvis, who are coming back to life as holograms, and threatening to dethrone the shabby stars and starlet who still live in the flesh.