Author Topic: Classic Rabbi Kahane Statements  (Read 698 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Classic Rabbi Kahane Statements
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
Yesterday over the Shabbat meal I had an opportunity to bring the great Rabbi Kahanes name up in a debate over the situation in Israel. While I prefaced it with the warning 'Though I know this may be controversial' I knew that at least most of those at the table shared the basic feeling (that Kahane was right) I was not sure if this would cause a commotion.

Luckily for me, even though the person I was 'debating' the situation with did not respect the Rabbis position, there were several at the table who basically supported me. Virtually everyone agreed that there was no such thing as a nation of Palestine, nor an ethnic people called 'palestinians'. Many even agreed with the compensation for relocation idea. But when they started to talk about forced relocation, then some had issues.

I explained that there have been forced relocations in history before, and everyone is still around today who remembers these relocations. Even the Jews were forcefully relocated after the creation of Israel, when their property was confiscated and their lives threatened. My good Egyptian Sephardic friends family lost their entire fortune in Cairo in the 50s. I have no problem offering the arabs money to relocate, or offering them the chance to live in a Jewish state, with all that entails.

I feel good that at least my core 10 men who attend Shabbat minyan with me share the belief that giving up land and making concessions to arabs is a pointless exercise. I said to the young man who I was arguing with that he is probably too young to remember the countless treaties and peace processes which they supposedly sought, only to reneg on their part of the deal... I am tired of the 'peace process' and it's false promise of a peace at the end of the process.

Rabbi Kahanes words ring true today:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Classic Rabbi Kahane Statements
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
I love to hear Chaim talk about his experiences with Rabbi Kahane...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »

Pt1

Pt2

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:16:17 PM by muman613 »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:38:54 AM »
It's not that giving up land will be pointless, it is a grave sin that leads to the sacrifice of our children.  Even if these "Palestinians" were peaceful loving people, at no point are we allowed to make pacts and give land away that Gd has given us especially after they have been conquered.

Hence when Avraham made a concession to King Avimelech the Philistine King, Gd punished Avraham by testing him to sacrifice Issac. 

In modern day, what did giving Sinai to Egypt do for a generation of relative peace?  Not much except now the new generation of leaders will attack Israel with American weapons leaving our children to the sacrifice to defend Israel.  Kahane warned us and he speaks "from the grave" when we see him talk about the topic today. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein