Author Topic: Women of the wall  (Read 565 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Women of the wall
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:36:02 PM »
Went to a bar mitzva at a conserved temple today. Sure enough they had separate talit for men and women.  Should have worn the "women's" talit just to make a statement.

And sure enough the "rabbi's" sermon was supporting those lesbians.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Women of the wall
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
 Don't step into these places even for someone's Bar Mitzvah and the like (Brit Milah etc.). If you and others make it known that you do not recognize these places your friends/relatives would and will not make them there.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:19:38 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, no offense to Christians, it feels one step closer to going to a church except there are Torah scrolls.

Never thought I would perceive these temples as abominations.

Nevertheless my family belongs to these temples. If there is an event taking place, I would still show up but make sure I go late.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
Here's what I never understood about that kind of thing. If feminists want women to be respected and acknowledged as equals then why do they want to have women take on male attributes? Are feminine attributes somehow inferior or not good enough, even to the feminists?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »
If they want to practice their own made up "Judaism" io their own "temple" fine it's their own business but they have no right to force their ways on Jewish holy sites.  If they invented their own religion they can invent their own holy sites.