Author Topic: Albert Goering brother of Hermann to be awarded Rightgeous Gentiles award  (Read 2151 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/03/12/brother-of-infamous-nazi-hermann-goering-up-for-prestigious-righteous-of-the-nations-award/   

Brother of Infamous Nazi Hermann Goering Up for Prestigious Righteous of the Nations Award
March 12, 2013 12:59 pm 4 comments   
Author:

Tags:
Albert Goering German businessman Hermann Goering Holocaust Memorial Irena Steinfeldt nazi Nazi Germany Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia Righteous Among Nations yad vashem

Goering and Hitler, 1938. Photo: Wikipedia

Albert Goering, the brother of infamous Nazi Hermann Goering, is now among the candidates to receive the Righteous Among The Nations award. Albert was a German businessman who died in 1966.

According to accounts, Albert saved hundreds of Jews and political dissidents during the Second World War by helping them obtain exit permits and through other means.

Irena Steinfeldt, director of the Righteous Among The Nations department at Yad Vashem, the Holocaust memorial and research center in Israel, is supposedly preparing a file on Goering. The award is given to those who not only saved Jews, but risked their lives in doing so.

Despite their conflicting political views, the Goering brothers remained close. However, Albert leveraged his brother’s influence to help Jewish friends or political prisoners. The family name was also able to shield him from intense scrutiny by the Gestapo. One Gestapo report noted his loathing for Nazi conventions, saying that he refused to have the greeting ‘Heil Hitler’ uttered in his presence.

During the war he worked as export director in Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia which at the time was a major arms manufacturer.

After the war ended, he spent two years in prison, during which time he was put on trial in Prague for his wartime role. He was acquitted following testimony from factory workers.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
He didn't risk his life. He saved apparently only Jews he was somehow friendly with, so most of them must have been assimilated self hating Jews. And he was pro nazi and a war profiteer.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
He didn't risk his life. He saved apparently only Jews he was somehow friendly with, so most of them must have been assimilated self hating Jews. And he was pro nazi and a war profiteer.

The same is with his brother H. Goering. I am not 100 % shure, if he has said the sentence "Wer ein Jude ist bestimme ich." But I think so. It means: I determine who is a Jew (and has to be exterminated).
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The same is with his brother H. Goering. I am not 100 % shure, if he has said the sentence "Wer ein Jude ist bestimme ich." But I think so. It means: I determine who is a Jew (and has to be exterminated).
Yes it was Hermann his brother when he appointed some Jewish to high ranking positions he said i'll decide who is Jewish .Goering the Field marshal was more an opportunist then one of the real haters of Jews 

As the Soviets approached Berlin, Hitler's efforts to organize the defence of the city became ever more meaningless and futile.[95] His last birthday, celebrated at the Führerbunker in Berlin on 20 April 1945, was the occasion for leave-taking for many top Nazis, Göring included. By this time Carinhall had been evacuated, the building destroyed,[96] and its art treasures moved to Berchtesgaden and elsewhere.[97] Göring arrived at his estate at Obersalzberg on 22 April, the same day that Hitler, in a lengthy diatribe against his generals, first publicly admitted that the war was lost and that he intended to commit suicide.[98] Göring was deeply concerned that his rival, Martin Bormann, would seize power upon Hitler's death and would have him killed as a traitor. He reviewed the decree of 29 June 1941 wherein he was named as Hitler's successor, and decided to send a message to Berlin asking for permission to assume command of the Reich.[99] The telegram was intercepted by Bormann, who convinced Hitler that Göring was a traitor. Hitler rescinded the decree, stripped Göring of his offices and titles, and placed him under house arrest at Obersalzberg.[100]  :laugh: :laugh:Bormann made an announcement over the radio that Göring had resigned for health reasons.[101]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:13:40 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I don't think Albert was a fraud                     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_G%C3%B6ring

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Anyone who saved Jews during this time has a right to be honored.  I don't care if their last name is Hitler.