Author Topic: GORGEOUS Judaic Art by Israeli Artist, Baruch Nachshon  (Read 4518 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
GORGEOUS Judaic Art by Israeli Artist, Baruch Nachshon
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
He is on my facebook page.  Please 'like' his facebook, if you can:

http://www.facebook.com/baruch.nachshon

Here is his art prints:

http://nachshonart.imagekind.com/store/GalleryList.aspx
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: GORGEOUS Judaic Art by Israeli Artist, Baruch Nachshon
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »
I think I have heard of Baruch Nachson. Either he has been interviewed on Arutz Sheva (Israel National Radio) or I heard about him from Radio Free Nachlot....

It appears he is well liked by the Chabad community... There is a link to his biography here:

http://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/628627/jewish/Baruch-Nachshon.htm

Baruch Nachshon lives with his family near Hebron, the ancient city set amidst the Judean hills and desert where King David composed most of his psalms and Adam and Eve are reputedly buried. Nachshon's studio is near the hallowed Cave of Machpelah.

One of the most important contemporary Jewish artists, he studied art with Solomon Naroni, Paul Cezanne's only student, whom he still considers his "master", and from whom he learned "a holy approach to art." He became attracted to the vibrant world of Chassidism in his teens. Both the bittersweet music and the exalted mystical concepts of its Kabbalah- based philosophy burned deep into his searching soul.

His searing expressions of a man committed to his people's heritage and Israel's struggle to survive are rooted in a profoundly felt reality.

Nachshon's position as one of Israel's foremost artists was recognized when he received the Distinguished Artist's Award from Bar Ilan University in 1989. His paintings, ablaze with a visionary sensibility, have been exhibited around the globe, in the U.S., Canada, Brazil and Argentina, Australia, England and Hong Kong.

Nachshon's canvases express a yearning for fulfillment and redemption in the spirit of Judaism's ancient traditions. "The Jewish past has been well-represented in art," says Nachshon. "so has the present. But no one has represented the future--the Messianic Age." This is the task he has undertaken. His images, colors and shapes communicate a spiritual dimension: they are permeated with light and celebration.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »
I was correct, he did an interview with Judy Simon in May 2011...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3114#.UUU9NHE-sak

Born in pre-state Palestine to Holocaust survivors, Baruch Nachshon used the white ceiling of his classroom as a blank slate for his imagination. With Shlomo Nerani as his mentor and inspiration, Nachson went on to become a painter of international accord. Listen to Baruch Nachson talk about his 3-hour visit with the Lubavitcher Rebbe, his interactions with his Arab neighbors, his experience as a shepherd in the Israeli army, and his successful antidote to depression. Don't miss this exclusive interview!

http://dwnmedia.israelnn.com//arutz7/shows/ll/life110512.mp3
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »
Alrighty AsheDinah, you got me started... Here are some videos I found on youtube about this incredible artist:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »
Apparently Baruch and his wife are proud Jewish settlers who have stayed in Hebron, a city which the arabs want to claim, despite the uncertainty of whether the Israeli government would continue to have sovereignty over Hebron... This couple is definitely a pair of Jewish heros..

This video unfortunately is in Hebrew without any subtitles, my conversational Hebrew is severely lacking, but sometimes I get the gist of what they are saying...

Sarah Nachshon is a senior female leader, and an iconic symbol of Hebron's modern-day Jewish community.

This short film was made back in the days of the Oslo accords, when the future of the Jewish community seemed to be at peril.

Sarah Nachshon's story summarizes the brave, strong and even heroic determination of the Jews who returned to Hebron back in the 1970s, after more than 40 years of Jewish absence in the City of the Patriarchs.

Despite great hardships, harassment from the local Arab populace, and endless obstacles presented by the very government of Israel, the Jewish community of Hebron has grown and aims to recover its old glory, destroyed in the 1929 Tarpat Pogrom, and the subsequent expulsion policies of the British Mandate.

Sara Nachshon and her husband, the famous artist Baruch Nachshon, were among the very first Jewish re-settlers of Kiriat Arba and Hebron, and continue to live there this very day, along with three generations of their descendants, and the many proud Jews who have join the efforts to rebuild the city's Jewish community.

Hebron houses the Machpelah Cave, burial place of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sara, Rebecca, and Leah, the biblical patriarchs and matriarchs of the Jewish people. Hebron is the second holiest Jewish city, and a symbol of the Jewish connection to its ancestral, G-d-given land.

Everyone is welcomed to visit the website of the Jewish community of Hebron:

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »
Apparently Baruch and his wife are proud Jewish settlers who have stayed in Hebron, a city which the arabs want to claim, despite the uncertainty of whether the Israeli government would continue to have sovereignty over Hebron... This couple is definitely a pair of Jewish heros..

This video unfortunately is in Hebrew without any subtitles, my conversational Hebrew is severely lacking, but sometimes I get the gist of what they are saying...

Sarah Nachshon is a senior female leader, and an iconic symbol of Hebron's modern-day Jewish community.

This short film was made back in the days of the Oslo accords, when the future of the Jewish community seemed to be at peril.

Sarah Nachshon's story summarizes the brave, strong and even heroic determination of the Jews who returned to Hebron back in the 1970s, after more than 40 years of Jewish absence in the City of the Patriarchs.

Despite great hardships, harassment from the local Arab populace, and endless obstacles presented by the very government of Israel, the Jewish community of Hebron has grown and aims to recover its old glory, destroyed in the 1929 Tarpat Pogrom, and the subsequent expulsion policies of the British Mandate.

Sara Nachshon and her husband, the famous artist Baruch Nachshon, were among the very first Jewish re-settlers of Kiriat Arba and Hebron, and continue to live there this very day, along with three generations of their descendants, and the many proud Jews who have join the efforts to rebuild the city's Jewish community.

Hebron houses the Machpelah Cave, burial place of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sara, Rebecca, and Leah, the biblical patriarchs and matriarchs of the Jewish people. Hebron is the second holiest Jewish city, and a symbol of the Jewish connection to its ancestral, G-d-given land.

YES, he is a WONDERFUL artist and seeming to be a nice fellow Jew.  (At least what I see from f/b)

You can order a print for $22 40-
I am going to get one for David and myself after I decide which one I like best.

Its truly holy painting, inspired.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »

Great story of these wonderful people.

One day when we get courage to leave this g-d forsaken place, we may be able to break bread with them. Who knows.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »
Alrighty AsheDinah, you got me started... Here are some videos I found on youtube about this incredible artist:

Isnt it beautiful?

I actually put this up to grab YOUR attention, Muman. ;)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:38 PM »
Shalom AsheDinah,

Thank you very much. I enjoyed watching the music and his artwork.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל