Author Topic: Beautiful Song Praising Hashem  (Read 506 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Beautiful Song Praising Hashem
« on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:48 AM »
I would like to share the following video I cobbled together using some Free Linux video editing software and subtitling software... I used OpenShot on Ubuntu for the video and subtitleeditor to do the subtitles...

Please enable Close Captioning to read the English subtitles which I just added tonight...

This is the song Aleinu, the words of which come from our prayerbook, which effusively praises Hashem and confirms for us his promise of redemption. I love singing this prayer in shul and I think Saul Kaye does an excellent job of conveying the deep feeling of the prayer...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Beautiful Song Praising Hashem
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:29:29 AM »
On Thursday the Birkat Kohanim (Priestly Blessings) were recited at the Western Wall.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14