Author Topic: Sodom and Gomorrah and the Dead Sea  (Read 14255 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Sodom and Gomorrah and the Dead Sea
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »
Question to Brianroy or any other archaeological expert.
Of those archaeologists who are not hostile to the Bible, what period of time do those pro-Bible archaeologist associate with Avraham's (Abraham's) war against the 4 Kings?
This of course would help us in picking or eliminating certain cities as candidates for being Sdome (Sodom).
My initial understanding of Breishit/Genesis 19:25 and I could be wrong, especially since I lack the time and ability to research the subject is that Sdome(Sodom) was overturned, in the sense that someone digging in the proper place for the city (if this is at all possible) would find the foundations of the city above the roofs of the buildings if they are still intact, which may not be the case.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Sodom and Gomorrah and the Dead Sea
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 07:31:40 AM »
I have a feeling that a volcano or an eruption of a sulfuric hot spring  (by Gd's "hand) destroyed Sdom and Ammorah.  I only assume this because Pompeii, which was notorious for it's sodomy, was destroyed by volcano. 

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein