Author Topic: Look how Wonderful.. Israelis make "Rockets Out Of Roses!"  (Read 619 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Look how Wonderful.. Israelis make "Rockets Out Of Roses!"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
Somehow this reminds me of something liberals would do....similar to how liberals turn guns into "art" after they melt them down[

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
I think it is a great example of how to turn Lemons into Lemonade.

And I do not think that those who do this are leftists.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
This is repulsive....the level of naivety is astounding.

Israel isn't the problem..... how do you mend a problem by further insulting the true victim?

This reminds me of muslims who punish rape victims.

I have a sarcastic picture that says "rape is wrong"...... and shows a muslim woman.... and below her says "so don't get raped".

I will try to find it and post it.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
Somehow this reminds me of something liberals would do....similar to how liberals turn guns into "art" after they melt them down[

Well, no one can disagree that its better to take rockets and throw em back, but it really is kind of cool how they are making some lemons into lemonade.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
HEY WI!!!

I just looked at your name!
Call me when you can, IF I dont answer LEAVE a message!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »

I am not saying 'be submissive', but look at the $ the dude is making off a bunch of rockets.
 I thought it was cool. I didnt look at this as the same thing as gun melting at all.

These rockets were thrown in murder. Obviously, but the Israelis are turning it around and making money--thats how I see it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
There is nothing wrong with Rockets to Roses in my opinion. I have heard the interview with the creator of the venture and he is a Jewish patriot who has lived at the forefront of Jewish settlement in the Gaza strip.

A portion of the money earned by this venture is used to build bomb shelters to save Jewish lives in the areas most affected by the missiles. I don't know why anyone would be against this. It just shows how stupid those who launch these missiles are.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »
From the rocketstoroses site:

Imagine hearing a frightening siren blaring "Code Red,
Code Red" and having 15 seconds to run for cover.

15 Seconds

Imagine never being able to walk beyond sprinting distance of the nearest shelter.

Can you imagine the fear and terror of a rocket whistling down, not knowing whether it will land a mile away or directly on your head?

Or the sudden shock when you feel the impact and the sense the relief that you're still alive but the fear that your friends and family may not be so lucky.

Imagine if you were a little child and had to not only imagine all this but to live with this reality...

Operation Lifeshield was born out of an immediate and dire need to protect Israeli citizens from missile attacks. A non-profit organization that builds transportable shelters and deploys them in vulnerable Israeli communities, Operation Lifeshield is supported by people from all over the world who care deeply about the people of Israel.

Rocket hit close by Lifeshield Bomb Shelter

Portable shelters known as "Lifeshields" can be moved to where they are needed most, providing some solution to the lack of adequate underground shelters by offering both physical and psychological cover.

"The main idea is to have them spread out in places where people are caught out in the open. They are designed to save lives where there is no shelter", said Josh Adler, co-founder of Operation Lifeshield.

These state-of-the-art, free standing, portable, above ground shelters provide safety for Israeli citizens as they go about their daily lives. They are built to prevent the penetration of bullets, shrapnel and missile fragments and can withstand direct hits.

Operation Lifeshield

While building underground shelters can take months, these pre-form units take only a few weeks to build and can be delivered and deployed immediately. "We needed something that could be done quickly and efficiently - that could be built in a factory and brought on a crane very quickly", said Adler.

Although these shelters cannot provide Israeli communities with peace, they can provide both safety and peace of mind.

'Rockets into Roses' is committing to building shelters to protect the citizens of Israel.

A portion of the proceeds of each item sold will be donated to Operation Lifeshield to build bomb shelters in the city of Ashkelon.

The city of Ashkelon and Yaron Bob are most grateful for your support. And please refer all your friends, family and associates to our site. We would appreciate your help in spreading this powerful life changing message of Rockets into Roses around the world.

Michael Gerbitz and Chaim Pinsky with Danny Vaknin, the mayor of Ashkelon, presenting him with a rose to kick off the project.

Letter from Benny Vaknin
Mayor of Ashkelon
Click Here to view

While the city of Sderot has been turned into a virtual fortress, with shelters in place everywhere you turn, Ashkelon is an open target with very few shelters to protect its' residents.

"The city of Ashkelon is appreciative of 'Rockets into Roses' contributions to Operation Lifeshield. These funds are crucial to build shelters and protect the citizens of Ashkelon", said mayor Benny Vaknin.

According to Chaim Pinsky, the man who started 'Rockets into Roses', "everyone's hope is that there will be no more rockets or roses. But until then we need to build shelters to protect Israelis from future attacks." Mayor Vaknin added that 'Rockets into Roses' "plays an important role in sending a clear message of peace and hope."

Of course the Israeli government should do more than provide bomb shelters or missile shields. They should take out the enemy firing the missiles. But in the lack of that action, providing bomb shelters to protect Jewish lives is a great deed and full of merit...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
Cool idea for a business.

However, Retaliation Rockets out of Rockets would be much better.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »

While I respect the sentiment expressed in the video I do not agree that we should not respond to the rocket attacks. But the response must be from the Israeli government and not from the civilians. This is why Israel has the IDF, so that there is a military capable of defending the people, and the people do not have to be actively involved in the fighting.

I think that Rockets to Roses has good intentions and deserves praise for their work in protecting Jews from those who seek to harm them. I think it is great that the creators of this venture do not pick up and run to Tel Aviv but rather stay in the Gaza border towns.